Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageS12 Gives Back Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

S12 Gives Back

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

S12 Gives Back Empty
PostSubject: S12 Gives Back   S12 Gives Back Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:57 am

Hey there everyone. It's getting to be that time of year, when Turkeys, Santa and Bowl Games are upon us. But as festive as this time of year is for many of us, there are many people out there that this is a tough time for. We all know how bad the economy is (especialy here in MI), and for a lot of people, Christmas time is hard. They are struggling to make their bills and put food on the table, and gifts aren't really an option. As adults, we can deal with this. But it's much harder for children. Many kids don't get anything for Christmas at all, and it is simply just another day to them.

My wife and I (DancinginSeptember) are fairly active members of our church, participating in food drives and doing everything we can to help give back to the community. I can tell you from personal experience, that when you have absolutely nothing, this is a difficult time of the year. Many parents struggle to get their kids one simple gift, just to see a smile on their faces. Now, the holiday season is about so much more than gift giving, we all know that. It's about being with the ones you love, and sharing special moments.

Well this year, S12 will be having our first ever Toy Drive. Let me be very clear; absolutely NO ONE has to participate in this if you don't want to. It is strictly up to you. I'll be doing this in conjunction with me and my wife's church, and here is waht we're gonna do. We're asking anyone that wants to participate to donate a toy (or toys). It can be for a boy or girl, any age bracket. The toy must be in its original package (this is not a get rid of your loose junk thread). We'll be collecting toys up until the first week of December or so, and once we're done, I'll be taking the whole bunch to our church to present them with toys to take to some of these children in need. We'll be taking some pics too, so you can all share in the fun.

Anyone that would like to participate, send your packages to me, and we will wrap them up for these kids. Or you can wrap them, if you'd like. It's up to you. I'll be snapping picks as things come in, so we can watch the pile grow together! I give to toys for tots each year, and will still be doing so. This is something I am doing that will be done in the name of the site. All donations can be completely annonoymous, unless you'd like your name to be attached. The toys don't have to be any specific kind. If you can afford $5 for a barbie, it helps.

I only ask that everyone consider this. How often have you gone on a 'hunt', and bought something just to buy it? We've all done it. Now imagine the look on a kids face who expects nothing for Christmas when your barbie doll is placed in their hands. To me, this is what the holiday season is really about. I ask that anyone that can help, please do so. Let's have an awesome showing, and make some dreams come true. Every little thing counts.

This thread will be used to discuss the ongoing collection and keep all of you updated on it's progress. Please do not turn it into a debate thread on if you are for or against this. If you wanna help, that's great. If not, feel free to move on from the thread. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

Interested parties can send gifts to the following address:

Rob Szydlowski
41146 Williamsburg Blvd
Canton, MI 48187

-Rob
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com

S12 Gives Back
Page 1 of 1