Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageWoohoo! Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Woohoo!

Go down 
+3
The BLAY
CWO Flint
The_Prince
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Prince
S12 News Staff
The_Prince

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:15 am

Went to Walmart today and found all of the wave fourteen DCUC. I was so excited it's the first time any Walmart wave Exclusive has hit my Walmart. I'm super excited about being able to get the six figures without the need to buy Tyr. I wanted to tell someone to share my joy with. I also have a job for the season for Toys R Us so yay to me for that one. I'm having a very good week woohoo! Now to show off the goods.

First Tyr is not purchased and well not be purchased by me. I'm always happy when they make the Super Powers Collections a unneeded figure for the wave because the have no place in my DC Universe though I respect those that like them they just don't even hit a string of a must buy for me.

Now we start off with the two pictures of komandi, Kamondi, I'm not a fan so I don't know his name. From the issues of the restart the figure looks like the character in the books I just have little interest in him. Comes with two revolvers and what looks like Russian submachine gun.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gold is next up on the character I bought purely because he's on the list but in all honesty this figure looks awesome in package and due to there being really no shockers in the DCUC toyline when it comes to how they set up he's probably better than I think he is. The head sculpt is amazing and I'm not sure if he's suppose to be the leader of the metal men but he's definitely given that vibe. He makes me want to pick up the overprice Iron just to be able to start having the whole team. Comes with some arm accessories like Iron a pick axe and a chain saw.

Todd Rice/Obsidian- Finally my Atom Smasher has his l best friend to go into battle with the JSA. I always enjoyed the friendship, relationship and the character building that Todd Rice, Albert and well all of the Infinity Inc squad enjoyed over the years and Obsidian, Brainwave, Atom Smasher and Jade are some of my favorites. This sculpt doesn't disappoint as Todd seems anger and ready for battle I am very happy with this figure it has become one of the bests as the face sculpts seem to be taken off and not getting later ML crazy.

Alan Scot/Golden Age Green Lantern- Finally! Hands down Alan Scot is a favorite character member of the JSA and He and the Flash haven't been produced yet is beyond me. Worse is Flash still hasn't even been hinted at. Aside from that they hit the character costume with great ease and no problem at all. It's amazing and his lips are in a way like reminds me of his Sentinel days. He looks angry and ready for a fight. Comes with a lantern.

Hourman- Hourman takes on the golden age appearance of the hero and his Miraclo drug that gives him powers for one hour. It's a standard DCUC sculpt if I must say and I didn't take a close up of this because mine has what I think is like a grease or some sort of dirt smudged on his head but he was the only one. I shall take a dirty head over not having him at all.

Now for the final figure review. It is Zatanna. My thoughts of Zatanna the mistress of magic is very simple. Why? Why in all that is holy do you go and put fish nets on a figure. Just paint on some Nylons on this mistress of Magic! How do you mess up something so simple! Now the figure does appear Nylon skin legs but the fish nets are like Black Canary from the Identity Crisis series. IT'looks good until you see the connection which is larger than the DC Direct fishnets for BC. In any case aside from this issue her face sculpt appears serious and her body sculpt is amazing. She comes with a hate and a magical wound though I wish a bunny would have been added.

Overall- This wave is a full one hit with me. Aside from Tyr who has no place with me. The figures are great, the sculpts are everything we can ask for. I am fully excited to have shopped at Walmart the day that they did these as I almost fainted at finding a Walmart Exclusives in the aisle. The bottom line is if I could find two of each I would buy them with any disposable income I have so that I can keep one mint forever and open another. Thanks for Reading and he's a group shot. Ignore the JLA animated blanket on my bed.

Last edited by The_Prince on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added pictures.)
Back to top Go down
CWO Flint
S12 Captain
CWO Flint

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:32 am

PICS!

Oh and congrats. on all accounts
Back to top Go down
http://warofthewords.forumcanadien.org/forum.htm
The BLAY
The BLAY

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:04 am

nice!!
Back to top Go down
The_Prince
S12 News Staff
The_Prince

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:24 am

You want pics! you'll get them. just a moment. Alright Pictures and the happy thoughts of the wave are posted. I hope those looking find these lovely gems are they are well worth the 90 bucks if you are capable of getting them at Retail. Now I see a human bomb custom and I must check that out.
Back to top Go down
CWO Flint
S12 Captain
CWO Flint

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:16 am

SWEET. I need that Green Lantern and probably Zatanna. Really great score!
Back to top Go down
http://warofthewords.forumcanadien.org/forum.htm
ShockVal
Monster Slayer
ShockVal

Character Profile
Name:: Callahan
Class: Warrior
EXP:: 0

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:54 am

Nice score man. I dig gold. He has a Dr. Manhattan look going on. Please excuse my ignorance of DC lore. I have no idea who any of these characters are. I was never into comics as a kid (other than Mad and an occasional Cracked).
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:18 am

Nice score! Love that Gold figure!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:46 am

I wanna have Zatanna's baby.
Back to top Go down
The_Prince
S12 News Staff
The_Prince

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks. Gold is part of the Metal Men. Along with the Doom Patrol they are perhaps the littlest known groups which are going into plastic form. Of course we haven't seen an outsider yet so I tapping them for a box set before the line ends.
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woohoo!   Woohoo! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:56 pm

Awesome haul! Congrats!
Back to top Go down