Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome Page480GB Ultrabook SSDs Will Arrive in 2013 Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

480GB Ultrabook SSDs Will Arrive in 2013

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bandonov
S12 News Staff
bandonov

Character Profile
Name:: Johnny
Class: Scoundrel
EXP:: 0

480GB Ultrabook SSDs Will Arrive in 2013 Empty
PostSubject: 480GB Ultrabook SSDs Will Arrive in 2013   480GB Ultrabook SSDs Will Arrive in 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:17 am

Link to story: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If 256GB just isn't enough for your ultrabook-toting needs, things are set to change. Mushkin has announced what it claims to be the "world's first" 480GB mSTATA SSD—and it will be available in January.

Slim laptops—we're talking ultrabooks—don't have room for even a standard 2.5-inch SATA SSD, so use a smaller form factor known as mini-SATA (mSATA). Until now, the broadly accepted upper capacity limit to those drives has been 256GB. Apple offers a 512GB upgrade when you buy a MacBook Air, but there are very few third-party, high capacity SSDs available to upgrade with.

Mushkin's new drive packs 480GB of storage, offers up transfer speeds of up to 6Gb/s, and comes with a three year warranty. Price? A fairly eye-watering $500. If $1 a GB isn't too rich for you, you'll be able to pick one up in January.
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

480GB Ultrabook SSDs Will Arrive in 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 480GB Ultrabook SSDs Will Arrive in 2013   480GB Ultrabook SSDs Will Arrive in 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:17 pm

I need a similar device prior to April, but I'm not sure that I need that much in a portable format.

That kind of storage can stay home or on the cloud.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1