Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageM.A.S.K. Rhino Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

M.A.S.K. Rhino

Go down 
+7
Stoner
The BLAY
thatjimboguy
JJCarlisle
bigdaddyblue73
M. Aster Karver
Swafus
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Swafus
S12 News Staff
Swafus

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Vintage Vault Classic Toy Review #1
M.A.S.K. Rhino (1985)

M.A.S.K. Rhino RhinoMIB1a

1985 was a banner year for great toys. G.I.Joe and Transformers were the absolute kings of the toy aisle and then along comes M.A.S.K. to involve 2 of the coolest features of those 2 juggernaut lines: Heroes versus Terrorists and transforming vehicles. Viola! Instantly awesome! Even though I was an absolute freak for both Joes and TF, I was never more excited about a toyline then I was the first time I saw the commercial for the M.A.S.K. Rhino:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VieGYa5g_2U

First and foremost, in it’s vehicle mode it is a bad-ass semi truck. Even if it didn’t turn into a rolling command center that shoots lasers and missiles, it would totally rock just being a semi. The attention to detail, which was indicative of most of the M.A.S.K. line, was top notch. The rearview mirrors, the gas tanks, the rubber wheels, the roof horns, and the rear dual suspension are just a few of the things that truly make this a great design. But what would a M.A.S.K. vehicle be without it’s action features?

M.A.S.K. Rhino MSK1007_300

The Rhino transforms from a big-rig to a mobile command center in a matter of seconds. The smokestacks swivel down to fire as front guns, the cab extends exposing the operations computer and ballistic missile (which really fires), and the rear wheel assembly detaches to form a recon buggy for sidekick extraordinaire Bruce Sato to dork around in! However the coolest feature of the entire piece is the passenger side, push-button ejector seat. I have a Rhino in my personal collection and I can attest that even after 25 years, it can still launch a figure at least 6 feet!

The Rhino is truly a classic that stands the test of time. If you eve have the means and the opportunity, I highly recommend picking one up and a loose complete piece in decent condition can be had for around $50 or less.
Back to top Go down
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Classic!!!
Back to top Go down
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Yep, that was an awesome toy.
Back to top Go down
JJCarlisle
S12 News Staff
JJCarlisle

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:06 am

Oooo one of my favs!!Im glad you picked this one Swaf.I remember wanting one so bad as a kid but never got one.
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Good Stuff Swaf!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
The BLAY
The BLAY

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:53 pm

I always wanted the Rhino!
my buddy had it although he claims he didnt.. I remember playing with it in his basement it was definitely one of the cooler MASK toys produced. I had a bunch of the smaller ones and just recently realized I had 4-5 motorcycles lol
Back to top Go down
Stoner
Heavy Weapons
Stoner

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Awesome as always!!! I never had any M.A.S.K toys growing up, But my buddy down the street had this and a few others,So i wasn`t completly left out!!!
Back to top Go down
Wizard
New Recruit
Wizard

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:05 pm

I love M.A.S.K.!!! M.A.S.K. Rhino 584664
Back to top Go down
skyhawkpilot1978
New Recruit
skyhawkpilot1978

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:40 pm

That was/is the most awesomest M.A.S.K. vehicle ever made. One of the greatest toys ever produced period. I remember getting for my birthday(I think) and just flipping out. I loved my Joes and TFs but M.A.S.K. was right up there for me too. Great choice to review.

Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Holy nostalgia.....I'm tearin' up.
Back to top Go down
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:14 pm

Aah, revisited pefection
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:28 pm

the memories, of toys I never had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterartworks.ecrater.com
Sponsored content

M.A.S.K. Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.S.K. Rhino   M.A.S.K. Rhino Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.A.S.K. Rhino
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to theSector12.com! ::   :: The Vintage Vault-
Jump to: