Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageRemo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985 Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
THE DELTA
S12 News Staff
THE DELTA

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985 Empty
PostSubject: Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985   Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Starring Fred Ward,Joel Grey,Wilford Brimley,Kate Mulgrew,Charles Cioffi,and Patrick Kilpatrick

Synopsis taken from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Samuel Edward "Sam" Makin (played by Ward) is a tough New York City street cop and Vietnam-era Marine Corps veteran recruited as a secret agent through a bizarre method: his death is faked so that there will be no questions asked as to his disappearance. Rechristened "Remo Williams" (after the name and location of the manufacturer of the bedpan in Makin's hospital room), his face is surgically altered and he is trained to be a human killing machine by his aged, derisive and impassive Korean martial arts master Chiun (played by Grey in Yellowface makeup). Though Remo's training is extremely rushed by Chiun's standards, Remo learns such skills as dodging bullets and running (not walking) on water. The Chiun character is both the comic relief (aplenty) and erudite mentor figure in the film. Chiun and Remo practice a fictional form of Korean martial arts named Sinanju. Remo is sent to investigate a corrupt weapons procurement program within the US Army.

Now most of us may have seen this movie over the years and in my opionion i find it to still be a great movie that has beating most Hollywood mega hits.I loved the interaction between Ward and Grey's characters and the way they viewed things differently.If you guys have access to netflix thru a game console,you can stream this immediatly or even rent it at your local video store.In my opinion this is truely a great movie based off a comic book/pulp magizine,so if you are looking to kill a few hours with a movie,give this one a shot.

Back to top Go down
bandonov
S12 News Staff
bandonov

Character Profile
Name:: Johnny
Class: Scoundrel
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985   Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:51 am

This is such a great movie, Hands Down!

My favourite line in the movie where Chiun is insulting Remo's food choices:

Chiun: It would be better for you to eat this can than what is inside of it. Why must everything in this country be coated with monositi-... monosoti...
Remo Williams: Monosodium glutamate. You can't even say it.
Chiun: I can say "rat droppings." That does not mean I want to eat them.
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

PostSubject: Re: Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985   Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 10:31 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com
Swafus
S12 News Staff
Swafus

PostSubject: Re: Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985   Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:24 am

This movie is based on the "Destroyer" novels and they changed the main characters name from Mack Bolan to Remo Williams. This was supposed to be the new James Bond type franchise as Roger Moore had just called it quits as 007 and they were looking to fill the void but the studio screwed up the marketing and the film flopped and faded into obscurity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985   Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins-1985 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1