Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageI miss the old gang Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

I miss the old gang

Go down 
+8
LadyDelta
Money-B
The BLAY
thatjimboguy
Asphalt
bigdaddyblue73
Sector_15
JJCarlisle
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JJCarlisle
S12 News Staff
JJCarlisle

I miss the old gang Empty
PostSubject: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Im having a tough time in life right now(nothing that bad .just money problems.) and I thought back to the good ol days of his site.Made me think how much fun I had in this place. I wish Rob was still around since he was the heartbeat of this place. I know we tried to bring it back but that didnt last long.

Anyways I just wanted to get this off my chest.
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 2:19 pm

I know what you mean mate. I've given up hope on this place to be honest. It's probably time to move on to pastures new. It's a real shame we had fun.
Back to top Go down
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 am

I have started stopping by again once in a while but it is always very quiet. I thought about starting up some of my old threads once again, just to give folks something to read/comment on but gang I am very sorry, my heart just isn't into toys and the like anymore. The last year of my life has changed me a lot and not for the better. Losing my marriage, my house and nearly my kids has almost killed me. I have had nothing but money troubles and spent a week in a psychiatric ward due to depression. The truth is I really don't like life so much anymore. I spend a lot of time wishing I could escape life and just go away but don't because of my kids. I just don't have the energy or enthusiasm for things I used to. I've tried to get them back but just can't find them. In a lot of ways I kinda lost myself. Maybe one day I'll find "me" once again and be able to be what I once was, but it doesn't seem to likely.

I have tried, on here, and other places, to put on the "Stone Cold" nothing bothers me image, but I don't have it anymore. I miss my wife very much and wish I could have her back but that will never be. I'm broken gang, truly broken in spirit. I don't think I will ever be the same again.

I know at one time i was the guiding voice, the driving force of this place, almost as much as Rob was. Unfortunately that BDB is dead. And unlike the comics, people don't always come back.
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:36 pm

That's such a shame mate. I really feel for you and hope one day you make it back.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 pm

This place was hoppin back in the day. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time of it man. I can't imagine going through what you are. You know you can always vent here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterartworks.ecrater.com
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm sorry Blue. Unlike you, I feel much happier since I escaped from my wife. It does get better bro. It'll just take time. Do whatever you have to do to see your kids and that should get you through. I know how rough it is but you can make it back. So, in the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi, relax and focus. Think about the future and not the past and you'll get there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:23 am

Truly sorry to hear about all that crap Blue.
You're a good guy that got the raw end of the stick.
I can't imagine how you must feel but I can sympathize with what you are going through. Life may have changed but just remember you've got those kids to live for, so don't ever count yourself out.
Back to top Go down
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:39 am

And things have just gotten worse......

So I come home from work Wednesday evening to find my street blocked off because the fire department is putting out a fire, yep you guessed it....it's my Flurkin place!

The apartment above mine caught fire and the water and smoke damage has made my apartment, that I just moved into 2 months ago unliveable and ruined most of my stuff. I am now living in a hotel and all I own would fight in a couple paper bags. I meet with the insurance adjuster today to find out what kind of money they will give me to cover my loses. So it's home hunting time once again.

So can you see why I have no joy for anything anymore?
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Bloody hell mate I hope things start to swing in your favour soon. I wish I could wave a wand and make things better like when things were rocking here but seen as I can't the least I can do is dress up like a prat and maybe if we can't raise hell I can raise a smile :).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:28 pm

And how are pics of your girl going to make him feel better.

Good luck with the adjuster man.
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:09 pm

He BDB,

I'm really sorry to hear about the apartment.

I did see your post on facebook earlier about scoring the new job. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Asphalt wrote:
And how are pics of your girl going to make him feel better.

Good luck with the adjuster man.

lol! . I used to like you as well.
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:30 pm

WOW....Talk about a downer...

I also miss the old gang. I miss all the fun we had here, I miss the trivia games that Delta and I hosted, I miss the chatroom fun, and I sure as hell miss all of the friends that I feel Delta and I have made here.

I used to come around once in awhile and try to breathe some life into this place, but it honestly seemed to be all in vain.

I would like to come around and spout some fun and give some great news, but I honestly feel that this isn't the place that I can spread my joy....

I hope that everyone figures things out and hopefully one day this place will get back to be the fun that it used to be.

I miss you all. ALOT!!! I hope that things work out for you....I really do.

Just an update for those of you that do care.....Delta and I moved the wedding date. We are now getting married on October 6, 2012. We are looking at doing something small....the $$$ isn't there anymore for a nice big wedding...but in my opinion the day and the meaning behind the day means more than all the extras.

I really wish this place could go back to being fun...........
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile
Name:: Big Whoop
Class: Extremist

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:31 pm

WOW..........all this time I thought BDB and the batman were the same guy!!

Thats a run of horrible times BDB, but things will turn around!! Chin up and keep moving forward........
Back to top Go down
margerisons
Battle Ready
margerisons

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:08 pm

I know I only saw the tail end of the 'golden age' but damn it was fun small community of joe collectors.
Really miss the chatbox full of people and banter. ( And is it just me that can't log in on the chatbox)
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Dunno, haven't tried in a while.
ohh the golden age.
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:52 pm

margerisons wrote:
I know I only saw the tail end of the 'golden age' but damn it was fun small community of joe collectors.
Really miss the chatbox full of people and banter. ( And is it just me that can't log in on the chatbox)

Must be.

I will check your permissions and make sure nothing got messed up.
What browser are you using?
Back to top Go down
margerisons
Battle Ready
margerisons

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Quote :
I will check your permissions and make sure nothing got messed up.
What browser are you using?
I've always used Firefox and it used to work but maybe the newer version doesn't support something.
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 pm

I had tons of issues updating flash to work with the new firefox.

Maybe try IE just to see.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile
Name:: Big Whoop
Class: Extremist

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:03 pm

margerisons wrote:
I had the same issue last night......but it ended up working for me....I had to log in like 4 times, I think I wore the deactivate bot out and it gave in!! haha
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:04 pm

If we can narrow down what is causing the issue, I will work to eliminate the problem.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Money is the Eliminator!
Back to top Go down
margerisons
Battle Ready
margerisons

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Lol, IE didn't seem to work either I'll go ahead and update a few things . I often click the remind me later button on everything.
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:10 pm

It has to be either flash or the .NET needs updated, but let me double check that your permissions aren't messed up.
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:50 am

Lots of people logged in so I just wanted to say it's good to see everyone again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I miss the old gang   I miss the old gang Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I miss the old gang
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next