Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageKrisk DVD library Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Krisk DVD library

Go down 
+2
Money-B
Krisk
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile
Name:: Big Whoop
Class: Extremist
EXP:: 0

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Hey guys and gals. I decided to post up in honor of Delta, my own DVD reviews. I will try to give a little background on the older or lesser known movies. Also, will give info on the version of the DVD and what it contains.
Quick Pic of the library, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Krisk on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Tonight, I shall talk about the Blu-Ray release of The Lord of the Rings, Extended Editions.
Released in 2011. This set is the ultimate edition. It has over 26 hours of Bonus content and contains 15 discs. The three movies are the extended eiditions but not the ones we have already seen. The first dvd Extended Edition of Fellowship came in at 208 minutes, this Blu-Ray version comes in at 228 minutes. The Two Towers DVD extended version 223 minutes, where as the Blu-Ray had 235 minutes. Return of the King DVD version - 250 minutes, the Blu-Ray - 263 minutes. Thats a total of 681 on DVD and 726 on Blu-Ray. For 45 additional minutes for the Blu-Ray release.

Last edited by Krisk on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:46 pm

So, I am fairly certain most of you all have seen these films I will save you the play by play.

Instead, how about a little bit about the packaging. On the DVD boxed set of Extended Editions, they came with each one in its own pull out box. With the Blu-Ray, it is a fold open box that has a copy of the Middle Earth map on its inside, then each movie set is in its own hard case. Containing 9 special features DVDs, with over 26 hours of content. Some of it is repetitive but (from what I have watched) very fun. There is also documentaries, that are titled, Rare Costa Botes Documentaries...unfortunately I have yet to get into those.

The cost of this set when new was $139.....I was happy to pick it up for $70 last Christmas when it was on sale at Suncoast.

All in all, if you have a Blu-ray, and dont have these versions yet, def worth a buy.

Just dont get in a hurry to watch them, 726 minutes will take a lot out of you!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So enjoy and grab the popcorn!

Last edited by Krisk on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Great post.

Covers and maybe links to the imdb listing and it's a winner.
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Extremely thorough collection too man.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:09 am

Yeah..was gonna do some pics later on then edit. Didn't want to step on toes with a link. I figured everyone knew the LOTR films though
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:30 am

Not that I could do better man.
I was just trying to help.
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:31 am

I think I slept through 2 of them.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:46 am

my DVD collection used to be gigantic, now I am trying to sell them off as i fell into the Blu-Ray trap
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:55 pm

oh man, I was at Suncoast the past Friday, they have two bins(about 2'x2') one with used Blu-rays, half price, buy 2 get third free......and bargin bin Blu-rays, 9.99 or less........they make it so tempting. They also remodeled the store so Blu-rays are up front now!
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Money-B wrote:
Not that I could do better man.
I was just trying to help.
no worries......it will evolve........IF its ok, I may even put up a link to a store that has the best price for the ones I review??
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:04 pm

That sounds great.

Any comparisons between BD and DVD releases would be much appreciated.

I find that some films have to be viewed before deciding whether to buy them and, if so, what format.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:25 pm

cool. let me work on that for each one, maybe I can do one a week?
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 pm

Or 2 a month.

At this point, anything is an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:33 pm

roger roger.........

hey I have all the Star Wars movies on DVD and Blu-Ray......
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 pm

You could review SAW if you wanted.

Maybe try to mix in something new from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:43 pm

I got a good mix of some really old to pretty new.......on DVD and Blu-rays.....should be a good time
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 pm

I never did finish the Saw movies.........just got "cut" short on time!! haha
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Just meant any damn thing would do.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 pm

haha, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation! haha
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Maybe not anything.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 pm

dont worry, I will pick some good ones....
Back to top Go down
bandonov
S12 News Staff
bandonov

Character Profile
Name:: Johnny
Class: Scoundrel

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 am

I have to "Purge" my DVD collection too. My DVDs do not all fit on my shelf. I have over 100 that did not fit, so to the Garage Sale they go...
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:59 am

bandonov wrote:
I have to "Purge" my DVD collection too. My DVDs do not all fit on my shelf. I have over 100 that did not fit, so to the Garage Sale they go...
haha, we just added another shelf!!
Back to top Go down
bandonov
S12 News Staff
bandonov

Character Profile
Name:: Johnny
Class: Scoundrel

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:25 pm

My wife said no to another shelf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Krisk DVD library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krisk DVD library   Krisk DVD library Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Krisk DVD library
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next