Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageDoctor Who. - Page 2 Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Doctor Who.

Go down 
+3
Krisk
Money-B
Sector_15
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

Doctor Who. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:51 am

Only a broken one.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:33 am

They are a band from your neck of the woods. You should really grab their first album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterartworks.ecrater.com
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 am

Right I'd not heard of them. I'll check them out.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:01 am

They are available in Itunes, but you aught to be able to find a hard copy.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:09 pm

I really hope the robots from D.I.A.S.S. wake it into the next figure wave.

Last edited by Asphalt on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Asphalt wrote:
I really hope the robots from D.I.A.S.H. wake it into the next figure wave.

They were pretty cool a bit of The Fifth Element to them as well. The voices were done by British comedy duo Mitchell and Webb. Who I'm a big fan of.
I wasn't a fan of the bad guy though I thought he was a bit meh.
Everything else worked for me though.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Interesting to know.
Yeah the Janitor From Hogwarts wasn't very intimidating.
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Asphalt wrote:
Interesting to know.
Yeah the Janitor From Hogwarts wasn't very intimidating.

Confession time. I've never seen a Harry Potter movie or read any of the books.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Careful Bro, can't statements like that get you deported or something?
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile
Name:: Big Whoop
Class: Extremist

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:37 pm

man, I went to Suncoast(dvd store) and was gonna look at buying some of Doc Who seasons........HOLY CRAP!!!

$80.00 for the "first" season from a few years ago!
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:34 am

That's because for the Doc the first season hasn't happenned yet, or just happenned yesterday, or maybe 50 years ago and it's vintage. :) Yeah the brits won't let those prices fall. You best bet is Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Asphalt wrote:
Careful Bro, can't statements like that get you deported or something?

I must be on that list already. If I didn't work for the government I'd be out on my ear.

Krisk wrote:
man, I went to Suncoast(dvd store) and was gonna look at buying some of Doc Who seasons........HOLY CRAP!!!

$80.00 for the "first" season from a few years ago!

That is expensive. It is a good series though. Eccleston makes a decent Doctor and Rose is at her leat annoying.

Asphalt wrote:
That's because for the Doc the first season hasn't happenned yet, or just happenned yesterday, or maybe 50 years ago and it's vintage. :) Yeah the brits won't let those prices fall. You best bet is Amazon.

It's always the Brits fault lol. It's Wibbley wobbley timey wimey.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile
Name:: Big Whoop
Class: Extremist

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Asphalt wrote:
Yeah, will have to try that or look for some used
Back to top Go down
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 pm

12 hours and I can get the bbc hd versions with some commercials recorded off tv...covers the tennant years and the first season of smith
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 am

Working my way through season 5. Almost done with it. Not too bad so far. Still not sure about Matt Smith, but he's getting better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:03 pm

So far Smith is up there with my favourite Doctors. Looking forward to tomorrows episode apparently Ben Browder (SG1,Farscape) is guest staring.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:04 am

He will never outshine Tennant as the best contemporary Doc, but he has his moments every now and again. Now are we talking episode three or whatever one you are on in England for Browder guest staring?
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 am

We're on episode 3 tonight A Town Called Mercy. Ben Browder is guest starring in that one.
I really liked early Tennant but found towards the end he became a bit much for me.
I guess he's ideal for the current "TV hero" model. The thing I enjoy about Matt Smith is he reminds me of the quirkier Doctors which were always my favourite.
Here's a thought for you. If you were to pick an American actor to play The Doctor who would you pick?
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:04 pm

That is a hard one. There really aren't a lot of high caliber actors floating around. I would love to see Michael Shanks do at least a reading for the Doctor. I have always like him.
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Asphalt wrote:
That is a hard one. There really aren't a lot of high caliber actors floating around. I would love to see Michael Shanks do at least a reading for the Doctor. I have always like him.

That's a very good call. Or maybe the guy who played Rodney Mckay in Atlantis (he's a favourite of mine).
On tonights episode "A Town Called Mercy". There was a massive drop in the quality of this episode. The design of The Gunslinger was really cool and Ben Browder was veryy good as usual. Other than that it was 10 minutes of story hammered out flat. Next weeks looks excellent and the major series event comes even closer.
Plus I'll be interested to see if there are issues with lights for the 4th episode running.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:33 pm

McKay might come out a little whiney, I have never seen him in anything where that wasn't a major personality trait. Worked for him in Atlantis, not so much for a Doc. Glad you agree on Shanks, It would be fun. Who do we need to petition to get an alternate reality/dream episode where he plays the Doc. Sorry to hear about tonight episode, I have been looking forward to the gunslinger.
Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Asphalt wrote:
McKay might come out a little whiney, I have never seen him in anything where that wasn't a major personality trait. Worked for him in Atlantis, not so much for a Doc. Glad you agree on Shanks, It would be fun. Who do we need to petition to get an alternate reality/dream episode where he plays the Doc. Sorry to hear about tonight episode, I have been looking forward to the gunslinger.

I've always been a Shanks fan. He was amazing as Daniel Jackson in fact my second son is named Daniel after the character lol. I find it really hard to watch the original movie now because it's RDA and MS as Jack and Daniel.
Oddly enough the UK reaction to tonights Doctor Who episode has been very positive. Maybe I missed something I might try and rewatch it later.
I think you'll enjoy the gunslinger his design is brilliant quite Borg like. In fact when I saw him I dropped Tankster a message because he'll be right up his alley.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Well then I shall keep an open mind.

I feel like someone will take one of my Man Cards for this, but did you ever see Shanks as Hawkman on Smallville. Campy as hell, but he did get to play Hawkman and use the line "Think of me as your Parole officer, but with a mace."

Back to top Go down
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 am

I didn't know that MS was in Smallville it'S something I've always avoided as I don't like Superman. I might have to have a look at it.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Yeah It was in one of the last seasons when the Justice League of America showed up with Sandman and Dr. fate, the star spangled kid and what not.

I enjoyed the episode, I too am beginning to wonder if the statement about there not being a connecting thread this season might have been mis-information. They were pretty heavy handed in making you look at flickering lights this week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who.   Doctor Who. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next