Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageJudge Dredd 2012 Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Judge Dredd 2012

Go down 
+2
Money-B
complex57
6 posters
AuthorMessage
complex57
New Recruit
complex57

Character Profile
Name:: Connor Byrne
Class: Medic
EXP:: 0

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Please God, don't let it suck.

Seriously, you let Hollywood do bad things to The Punisher (three times) and GI Joe (at least once, possibly twice).

I'm not even going to address the Dredd movie with Stallone as I've almost managed to suppress the rage that consumed me upon viewing that steaming pile of crap. Please don't even let him have a cameo in this film, he is a bad, bad man who does horrible things to comic book characters.

Could you please make Hollywood get it right? Movies like Captain America (didn't totally suck), Thor (had it's moments),The Avengers (kinda liked it), and Iron Man (enjoyed it) give me hope that this movie could be bearable.

Also, would it be too much to ask for them to make a 3.75 - 4 inch toy line of this movie? One that doesn't totally blow like the latest junk they put out for Batman? I can't find a decent Sgt. Slaughter to train my toy Joes, but would totally entrust their training to Judge Dredd.

Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:39 pm

The trailer for this movie looked good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope they make some decent figures for this too.
I also agree that those Batman toys were some of the worst ever.
(even worse than Retaliation vehicle drivers)
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile
Name:: Big Whoop
Class: Extremist

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:39 pm

oh man, this movie is sooooo gonna bomb at the theater......get ready for another "John Carter" type of fallout............piss poor marketing and most of the people---read that as in NON-GEEKS---have no idea what the hell Dread 3D is.......they didnt even call it Judge Dread......
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:41 pm

lets look at Total Recall and ........(crap the other Schwarzenneger film they redid).......bomb and bomb as well..........

but yeah, I really would like to see some of the vehicles from that franchise!!
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:16 pm

I saw this last night at the Toronto International Film Fest guys...
it is pretty damn awesome in my opinion!
It is solid and Karl Urban is awesome as Dredd!
It's gritty, just like reading the comics, nothing like the Stallone version!
It was very well received last night. The crowd broke out into applause a few times during the movie, some great lines and awesome action sequences.
The 3D was decent, as far as 3D goes. Im generally not a fan but when it was used in the film it was used well enough.
I enjoyed it more than Total Recall, and I was really looking forward to Total Recall.
I think most people will enjoy it. A reboot that was really needed and it doesn't come close to following the Stallone plot line.
Back to top Go down
complex57
New Recruit
complex57

Character Profile
Name:: Connor Byrne
Class: Medic

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:16 pm

The BLAY wrote:
I saw this last night at the Toronto International Film Fest guys...
it is pretty damn awesome in my opinion!
It is solid and Karl Urban is awesome as Dredd!
It's gritty, just like reading the comics, nothing like the Stallone version!
It was very well received last night. The crowd broke out into applause a few times during the movie, some great lines and awesome action sequences.
The 3D was decent, as far as 3D goes. Im generally not a fan but when it was used in the film it was used well enough.
I enjoyed it more than Total Recall, and I was really looking forward to Total Recall.
I think most people will enjoy it. A reboot that was really needed and it doesn't come close to following the Stallone plot line.

Thank goodness. It's not like I'm asking for it to be Citizen Kane, I'll just want it to be good.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:04 pm

haah, hell yeah!!

be glad to go see it!!
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:30 am

I AM THE LAW!!!
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Name::
Class:

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:36 am

Am I the only one in the room who liked the Stalone Version?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterartworks.ecrater.com
The BLAY
The BLAY

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 am

Asphalt wrote:

I enjoy it b/c its a fun watch but the 2012 one is what the Stallone one should have been
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Asphalt wrote:
I enjoyed it. I took it as a one off story. Kinda like an Elseworlds read!! haha
Back to top Go down
THE DELTA
S12 News Staff
THE DELTA

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 am

Asphalt wrote:

it was a decent movie but The Delta was kinda pissed that they didn't use " I AM THE LAW" by Anthrax for the soundtrack,W.T.F.
Back to top Go down
Krisk
Creative Team
Krisk

Character Profile

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 pm

haha, but I am the Law!! hah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Judge Dredd 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Dredd 2012   Judge Dredd 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judge Dredd 2012
Page 1 of 1