Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageLife...and stuff Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Life...and stuff

Go down 
+10
driftwood
Tankster
LadyDelta
JJCarlisle
ShockVal
Stoner
bigdaddyblue73
thatjimboguy
The BLAY
Wry1
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:40 am

What is the meaning of life? This thread will be deleted, I know, I'm providing job security for the mod.

In my defense this is totally a frequently asked question that has yet to be answered....I'm breaking new ground here folks.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:48 am

I believe the correct answer is:

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:51 am

Well played Blay, well played.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:56 am

haha I thought you'd enjoy that!
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 am

The Meaning of Life, The Universe and Everything is 42. Just ask Douglas Adams.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:00 am

I don't see any reason for thsi thread to be deleted as lang as everyone maintains a modicum of respectability about everyone's opinions.

I am not a religious man, so that desn't enter into it for me. I think life is what it is. You get one chance on this crazy spinning rock and that's it. Ain't perfect, but it is what it is. I'm poor, I'm in debt, I'm fat and ugly, but I got three wonderful kids who love their dad. I got a decent wife who loves me. I got some cool folks to hang out with on the internet. I got a lot.

I think we all make our own meaning to life.
Back to top Go down
Stoner
Heavy Weapons
Stoner

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 am

bigdaddyblue73 wrote:
I don't see any reason for thsi thread to be deleted as lang as everyone maintains a modicum of respectability about everyone's opinions.

I am not a religious man, so that desn't enter into it for me. I think life is what it is. You get one chance on this crazy spinning rock and that's it. Ain't perfect, but it is what it is. I'm poor, I'm in debt, I'm fat and ugly, but I got three wonderful kids who love their dad. I got a decent wife who loves me. I got some cool folks to hang out with on the internet. I got a lot.

BDB is deep man!!!!! wise
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:07 pm

thatjimboguy wrote:
The Meaning of Life, The Universe and Everything is 42. Just ask Douglas Adams.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hmmm...so the real question is "how many roasds must a man walk down?".....stupid mice.
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Class:

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:52 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
ShockVal
Monster Slayer
ShockVal

Character Profile
Name:: Callahan
Class: Warrior

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:07 pm

bigdaddyblue73 wrote:

Damn Blue...{wipes tear}... I knew you were really a big sensitive cuddly teddy bear! HAHAHAAHAHA! monster Ok maybe not.
I try to live by "Karma" so to speak. I'm no hippie guru or anything. I figure it is about trying to leave things a little better than how you found them if you can. Which means getting rid of all the evil beer I can find! I'm just trying to do my part. guiness
Back to top Go down
JJCarlisle
S12 News Staff
JJCarlisle

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Live every day like there is no tomorrow....have no regrets,love your friends and family.Most of all I think the meaning of life is to have fun.Dont let sh$t get you down and do the best at everything you do.

Oh and drink alot of beer and smoke alot of......well u know.
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 am

Wow, some really thoughtfull words here. I wasn't expecting this at all when I drunk posted last night, well done boys.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:04 am

"Always wipe front to back"
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Personally I think that life is what you make of it. You live each day as it happens and hope that you don't flurk up anyone along the way. I have 4 beautiful children that I feel are surrounded by people that love them. I think that I may have thought that my first 2 marriages were mistakes, but without what happened during my time with those men I wouldn't have the happiness and be blessed with what I now have. I feel that I am on the road I am supposed to be on and with who I am supposed to be with. I had some lessons that I needed to learn and now I am to teach my children so that they may sometime teach their children. I have found happiness and I have found love. I am not perfect, my life is not perfect, and my children are not perfect, but I am happy and so are my kids and that is all that matters. I hope that I have made good choices for my kids and I hope that they learn what is important in life. Good friends, love in your families, and most of all understanding what is important to you.
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Class:

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Oh, so if we're being SERIOUS..

Life is about staying close to those who matter to you and making them happy. It's also about helping others when you can. It's about taking whatever life dishes out at you and spitting back in its face.

I went through two VERY UGLY relationships before I met my wife, to the point where I had been single for a year and a half. And when I say single, I mean I hadn't even asked a girl for her phone number. I was afraid if I talked to a girl I might like her. Then I met my wife, married her and lost my job when she was six months pregnant and we had just moved into a new house. Now, I'm working full time and about to finish my degree in April. Kiss my ass life, I beat you.

I've walked the Breast Cancer 3 Day twice. My aunts a survivor and I wanted to help get rid of the damned disease. That's $5000.00 raised. Is my money gonna fund the fight all by itself? No, but it's helping where I can.

I kept my marriage together when it hit the rocks (with a bit of help from my wife, of course) and watched her cry the other day because it meant so much to her that I would get up at 5 AM to take her to the hospital to have surgery even though I had been up unitl 1;30 AM getting homework done the night before. THat's making those you care about happy.

I guess you could make an argument that there are higher callings in life than any of those, but those are what matter to me, and they're the way I live.
Back to top Go down
Tankster
Creative Team
Tankster

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:05 pm

to eventually become wormfood........
so make the best out of it :dnce:
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:16 pm

keeping with my previous posts and going a little serious
I must borrow a phrase from Spinal Taps' Viv Savage
"Have a Good Time All The Time!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
driftwood
S12 Captain
driftwood

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Life is a big box of shit with chocolate mixed in.
Back to top Go down
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:46 am

Faith Hill said it best...The secret or life is a good cup of coffee. The secret of life is to keep your eye on the ball. The secret of life is a beautiful woman.
Back to top Go down
Slayer-Dave
Sponsor
Slayer-Dave

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:10 am

This is a question that only each of us can answer. There is no same answer, likeness but not the same.

Life is short, and we never know when we will pass. So my plan is, to make sure my family is provided for. I work alot of hours to make that happen. Make lots of cool friends, be there during the ups and the downs. We are who we are when we are at the lowest.

Make the coolest toys we can, and have fun being creative.

Is there a higher power? Is there a true calling for each of us? Who the hell really knows, but you have that lil voice in your head , that lets you know when your doing right, and when you are Flurking up.

We are here by no choice of our own, so we make the best out of things, even when everything seems to go to shit around ya, happens to all of us, and it will keep happening.
Back to top Go down
http:// http://slayerdesignstudio.3dcartstores.com/
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:30 am

All I know is what I learnt from Charlie Brown--Happiness Is A Warm Puppy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Eyes-of-a-Snake
Battle Ready
Eyes-of-a-Snake

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:54 am

I have always look at the meaning of life as "learning".

Learning how to be a better you.
Learning the ins and outs of the world.
Learning from out mistakes and trials as well as from others.
And passing that education on to the next generation so we can continue to grow as a race (referring to man-kind, not skin color or gender) and better ourselves. I dont think ones life truely has "meaning" until they have passed from this world and leave their lessons behind to be learned from.
Back to top Go down
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:05 am

"The road to life is long and lined the entire way with anoying bastards."

A wise man said that. I forget who.

I decided that life would be more fun for me if I was one of the annoying bastards. Can anyone tell me how I am doing?
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:51 pm

You're doin' great blue, well done brotha!
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Be who you say you are... and say what you feel .. because those that matter, don't mind ... and those that mind, don't matter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life...and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life...and stuff   Life...and stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life...and stuff
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next