Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome Page"At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!! Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

"At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieRob
Battle Ready
ZombieRob

"At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!! Empty
PostSubject: "At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!!   "At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:53 am

OMG!!!! This is the movie I have been waiting for Del Toro to do for years. When he signed on to direct the Hobbit I was very excited as a Tolkien fan, but deep down inside I was devistated that 5 years in New Zealand making 2 Hobbit films would mean no Mountains of Madness film. I'm a bigger Lovecraft fan than Tolkien fan. When I heard he dropped out of the Hobbit filming (after studio delays) so he could pursue some of the many projects he was missing out on I secretly hoped that meant Mountains. However with the announcement of his attatchment to Disney's Haunted Mansion, and questions as to what his immediate next film would be, I never thought it would happen. But...multiple sites are now saying he has obtained the approval from Universal to create a big budget adaptation of the H.P. Lovecraft novel. Nothings been officially announced so I'm still nervous, but its sounding more and more likely. Heres a snippet from Comingsoon.net:

"After nearly two months of anticipation and speculation about what movie Guillermo del Toro will direct next, Deadline has come forward to confirm that Universal has given the go-ahead for del Toro's adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness, produced by none other than James Cameron and to be del Toro's first movie shot in 3D. Del Toro has been wanting to make this movie for years, but the inordinate cost to make what could be a difficult R-rated period horror movie held it back, but with Cameron involved and Universal giving the thumbs up, the movie might start filming as early as next summer."

This is huge!!!! Lovecraft has never been adapted by such a creative visionary director with an appropriate budget. Don't get me wrong Dagon, From Beyond and Reanimator are very fun B-movie horror films by Stuart Gordon, but lets be serious this announcement is enormous for Lovecraft fans. Del Toros unique vision and creature creativity is a perfect match for this story. The inclusion of Cameron seems out of left field, but it may have been the clincher for Universal to ok the big budget adaptation. (I mean come on we all know Cameron shits gold) PLEASE LET THIS NEWS BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadline article Link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JOBLO article Link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: "At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!!   "At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:24 am

Here's hoping it is the case. I would very much like to see a watchable Lovecraft film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterartworks.ecrater.com
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

PostSubject: Re: "At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!!   "At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:56 am

YES!

Lovecraft done by Del Toro!

It can't be bad!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!!   "At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"At the Mountains of Madness" to be Del Toros next film?!!!
Page 1 of 1