Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageMy Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?

Go down 
+3
Wry1
M. Aster Karver
Stronox
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stronox
Creative Team
Stronox

My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Empty
PostSubject: My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?   My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 am

When I'm not customizing, I like to enjoy me a good video game every now and again. We all have our own opinions on things like this, but here is a list of some games you would find if you looked at my gamer card. So I felt like giving my quick thoughts about those games I have played for your reading enjoyment. My gamer tag is Stronox 117 so feel free to friend me anytime if you haven't already.

1. Halo 3- One of the greats, I love the epic story of Halo, and love the multiplayer here. I especially dig the split screen co-op play so I can have a blast with my little one.

2. Halo ODST- Another great title, but not able to dethrone it's predecessor with the story. Again, love that it is local co-op and love the firefight modes a ton.

3. Transformers WFC- Excellent nod to TF fans with it's story (love the cheese of the end credits), lots of cool multi-player modes, and an overall decent game. A little short on the campaign imo, but worthy of keeping in my collection for nostalgia value.

4. Soul Calibur 4- A classic weapon fighting game with oodles of stuff to do, and endless customization and depth. Crazy corny story though. Def a keeper in my collection.

5. Forza 3- Racing cars and endless tuning options. For me, it is the definitive racer. I am really tired of the endless car packs/dlc though only because you can go broke trying to keep up. C'mon and hook us up with some freebies already!!

6. Dragon Age Origins- Excellent story, and memorable characters. Kept me interested all the way through to the end. Love this one, and a great RPG and a keeper. I have found the DLC packs to be all worth it as well.

7. Call of Duty MW 1 & 2- I ahve a hard time getting into the single player campaigns really. There is no denying that the multi-player is top notch on both, but I gotta say that the price of the map packs for MW 2 are ridiculously high and that sorta turns me off even more to them. Got em both, but they just sorta sit on my shelf waiting to be finished.

8. Batman Arkham- Best Batman game ever. Hell best comic related game ever. The feeling it gives you playing as the Dark Knight detective is what really makes this shine for me. Though I wish there was something more to do once you get through it. I know it has some random beat'em up packs, but they get kinda old quick.

9. Star Wars The Force Unleashed- Decent game, cool use of the force. Lots of glitches though hamper it for me. Plus the I have no idea why anyone cares enough to purchase some of the DLC just to skin the character as some other SW known character, it's kinda pointless. The mission packs are kinda cool, but really short and not overwhelmingly great either. Still, even with all the bugs this is a great title, and worthy of playing imo. Though it wasn't quite a keeper for me.

10. Dantes Inferno- Well, the story and character of Dante kick ass. The game is pretty much God of War, and that isn't a bad thing either because they it clones it very well. However, it is crazy short. The second time through took me around 3-4 hours total. I felt cheated because of that. I saw no further need to have Satan's 3 foot long penis flopping around for the end boss battle a third time so it got traded in.

11. Bionic Commando (remake)- This game sucks. Nuff said.

12. Aliens vs Predator- Total yawn halfway through the Predator campaign. Away it went.

13. Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2- Wow, play COD then play these. Both bad company titles equal polished turds in comparison. I even tried really hard to like them but just couldn't, and traded in the became.

14. Gears of War 1 & 2- Both worthy titles and a different style of shooter. Love the single palyer campaigns of both, love the local co-op of both, but not a fan of the online multiplayer of either. Also like that you can turn off the gore and language for the younglings. Hope they keep that intact for part 3 as well. Def both are keepers for me.

15. Hexic HD (Xbox arcade title)- WTF?

16. Magic the Gathering card game (Xbox arcade title)- Love it. Card game that uses intelligent strategies, and it is like playing chess to me. I have no interest in whatever story Magic conveys, but again, this was worth every penny for an arcade title.

17. Halo Wars- Not bad. Not great. Like it for the Halo spin on a RTS, but gets old kinda quick for me. My boy loves this game though. A keeper for me.

18. LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2- Well, it woulda been a cool RTS except that if you build more than one set of troops the game slows to a crawl. Gone it is.

18. Warhammer Battle March- Not even worthy of being called a turd. Lasted ten minutes in my xbox. Feared that it may just contaminate my game system with it's crappiness. Took it back to gamestop.

19. Ace Combat 6- Goofy story. Cool Jets. Endless missiles and easy even on the hardest difficulty setting. Yawn.

20. Red Dead Redemption-At first I loved it. Then the appeal quickly wore off. It sits on my shelf waiting to be finished. I may at some point.

21. Fallout 3 (interchangeable with my feelings on Oblivion)- Fun at first, and then quickly wore off once I got a power suit. I started to see no real point to it anymore. Became a yawner for me as it's predecessor Oblivion. Both no longer haunt my game shelf.

22. Spider-Man Web of Shadows- I really liked this one. However, it has more bugs in there besides ol web head. It is really glitchy at times and froze up my maching more than once. I found it rather humorous, that Activision updates the billboards in this game to advertise new real world stuff, yet they couldn't manage to ever patch the game at all with some fixes. It got traded.

23. Halo Reach- Well I might as well put it on here, being that I am such a big Halo Fanboy and it is already bought and paid for. I have no doubts whatsoever that it is gonna rule on every level and is gonna be a def keeper. On the off chance that it is a stinker...I hereby vow to give up Xbox 360 forever and go to PS3.
Back to top Go down
http://stronoxcustoms.blogspot.com
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

PostSubject: Re: My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?   My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:19 am

8. Batman Arkham- Best Batman game ever. Hell best comic related game ever. The feeling it gives you playing as the Dark Knight detective is what really makes this shine for me. Though I wish there was something more to do once you get through it. I know it has some random beat'em up packs, but they get kinda old quick.

Oh yeah!!! I cannot wait for Arkham City!

23. Halo Reach- Well I might as well put it on here, being that I am such a big Halo Fanboy and it is already bought and paid for. I have no doubts whatsoever that it is gonna rule on every level and is gonna be a def keeper. On the off chance that it is a stinker...I hereby vow to give up Xbox 360 forever and go to PS3.

I loved Halo 3, waiting for the Halo when Master Chief comes back. Until then, I'll stick with these games.

MK vs. DC: Loved it initially, just can't play it too often as it tends to get boring...even playing as Darkseid!

Midnight Club-Los Angeles: Never get tired of this title. When I get bored I wind up having the cops chase me, lose them, chase me, catch me...I have enough game money to not care about paying fines.

Serious Sam-The 1st Encounter: I love this game and I often multiplayer on it. Secret areas, weapons, and the nostalgia...win win win!

Hydro Thunder-Hurricane: Solid nostalgia. racing for the sake of racing on the water. no customizing, upgrading the engine, it is solid gameplay with a good multiplayer to unlock skins for the boats and collect secret tokens.

Oh, I added you, Ox...I am Chance775
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

PostSubject: Re: My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?   My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:50 am

I have way too many games to list but my top 5 at the moment are:

CODMW2- just a sweet, fluid game with amazing graphics love the two-player mode.....online multiplayer is cool and all but theres just something about playing a fps with a buddy sittin' next to you laughin' and talkin' shit the whole time.

Borderlands-Decent gameplay but what i really dig about this game are the aesthetics of it. Love the comic style art and the look of the "bad guys", especially the psychos....and the lil' midget dudes still freak me the Flurk out.

Red Dead Redemption-Within the first thirty seconds of playing this game, just figuring out the controls, i kicked a dog, pushed down a nun, robbed a bank, and got in a gunfight with an entire town. Sweet environment/lighting graphics and the map is just Flurkin' huge.

UFC Undisputed 2010-Best freakin' UFC game to date. Love playin' the shit out of this game with a bunch of homies before and after watchin' pay-per-view fights.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2-Older game but i still freakin' love it. Being able to customize your dude to such an extent is just awesome.
Back to top Go down
proteus
Heavy Weapons
proteus

PostSubject: Re: My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?   My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Here's my game history!!!!

GEARS OF WAR 1+2
Groundbreaking heavy duty fight to the bitter end,save humanity game play...WITH FRICKING CHAINSAW BAYONETS!!!!!

CRACKDOWN
Superheroic shenanigans in pacific city putting the smack on those pesky gangs and gigantic rooftop leaps!!!!!AWESOME!!!!!

SPLINTER CELL
sneaking around tagging the bad guys from the shadows,hanging from a pipe for twenty minutes,waiting for that perfect kill chance!!!!so patience trying...BUT SO WORTH IT!!!!

CALL OF DUTY 2
epic WWII gameplay at its best!!!!stick it to the dirty nazis and help liberate europe at the same time!!!!best moment......thursday 6th june 6.30am.....pointe du hoc,normandy france.....D,E&F companies,2nd rangers battalion hit the beach.....ITS D-DAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The_Prince
S12 News Staff
The_Prince

PostSubject: Re: My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?   My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:43 pm

My Gaming History-

The Saboteur-GTA4 with Nazis! and more explosives.

Rainbow Six Vegas Two-I need me some more Camo.

MW2-Play for a few moments. Little kid voice says crude thing to me and the female friend I often play MP with and I depart. Hate the Variable hit system in MP as well.

MW4-Played not really don't have the maps so I never got in.

CODWAW-I don't care if you have a MOD remote fear my M1 Garand.

Borderlands-Fun game cartoon art, missions, characters all just fun.

Fallout 3-Don't have a power suit but if you kill a merchant it becomes easy too. I still play it not as often.

Assassin Creed 1-Kill Templar/holy Knights during the 3rd crusades quite fun. 2-Kill during the 1500's Italy story twist at end sucks. No interest in next game thanks to this.

GTA 4- Fun game. Steal Cars, Helicopters, spend hours watching the heart inside the statues. Why can't I find it.

Star Wars force Unleashed-Fun when you play through it.

Civil War/Soldier of Fortune- Done by the company that makes the COD franchise both of them suffer from lack of attention. With just a little more time spent on them these would be excellent games.

Gears of War 1 and 2-Get me some Dew I'm playing this all day until I beat it!

Rockband 1/2/GH #whatever-I am so bored I'm playing this game.

Favorites-

Fable Two-Beat three Times have another game going on to finish it up so many options.

Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/99 Knights- Hack and Slashs are my guilty pleasure. I've play DW2,3,3extreme, 4,4XL,4Empire,5,5Empires, Samurai Warriors 1 and Two Empires. 99knights one I jsut love them. So simple and relaxing.

Viva Pinta-They are so cute!

Resident Evil 5-Kill those creepy things!

DOWNLOADS-

Deadlest Warriors- Oh yes I'm a Knight and if you don't mind I'm going to maim your arm than take off your head Samurai, Spartan, Pirate, Ninja, Centurian,Apache, and Viking.

Battlefield 1943- Planes, Tanks, Guns, Anti Aircraft, Fun short but the coolest thing is using the Landing craft and getting all your men onto the beach!

TMNT Turtles in Times/TMNT- I feel like a Kid again I just wish they had classic GI Joe Games on x-box marketplace.

Toybox-Defend your Toybox with ww1 stuff extremely fun.

BTW: Does anyone know how to take information form one x-box and get it on another I want my RE5 data and Borderland data back the rest I've already replaced.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?   My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Ive tried getting into Dragon Age and it just isnt working for me.
Im not sure if I'll continue with it or not.

My top games include

Mass Effect 1 & 2, cannot wait for the third in early 2011!
I love the game play of both but the 2nd is far superior esp. when it comes to the graphics.
Xbox scored huge with this franchise!

Resident 5 was an amazing game!
I loved being able to play 2 players with my best friend and fellow RE fan.
We started the RE journey together so it was great to finally be able to do a 2 player mode.

The Halo series is great, the 3rd friggin amazing!
My friend and I dominated 3 and crushed ODST. ODST was actually very short, shorter than I expected. We are waiting for Reach to come out, cant wait for it!

Gears of War is simply fantastic!
the 3rd should be out soon and it will be awesome to continue the story!

And Fable II
man I had a great time playing this game. I need to jump back in before the 3rd one comes out in a few months.
Back to top Go down
red laser
Monster Slayer
red laser

PostSubject: Re: My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?   My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:36 am

The worst game I bought was Shadowrun I didn't realise it was an on-line game with no real story to it.
But I like:- Gears of War 1 & 2 it's difficult in areas but the variation in what you can do is a bonus.
Arkham Asylum I can't wait for the second one which looks a bit like No Man's Land (one of the best modern day Batman story arcs) I love swinging round and beating the crap out of inmates.
Wet Eliza Dushku in a Robert Rodriguez styled game has to be played to be believed. The down side is timed training sessions which are a pain in the ass.
AvP I would love to see just a Predator game get developed but so far having completed the Predator missions only this game is cool.
Back to top Go down
https://s236.photobucket.com/home/openand/index
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?   My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Xbox 360 history and quick game thoughts...What's yours?
Page 1 of 1