Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageTransformers: Dark of the Moon Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Go down 
+2
thatjimboguy
M. Aster Karver
6 posters
AuthorMessage
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:25 am

Apparently, all the greatest endeavors in human history have been to hide the existence of Transformers.

In the first "Transformers," they said that the Hoover Dam was built to hide the All Spark cube that landed on Earth. And in the second movie, "Revenge of the Fallen," it was revealed that one of the Great Pyramids housed a doomsday device that had the power to destroy our sun. Now it turns out that our entire space program in the 1960s was just a cover to investigate a massive alien spacecraft that crashed on the dark side of the Moon.

Paramount Pictures just released the first look at next summer's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," director Michael Bay's third and apparently final film with the robots in disguise. According to the trailer, when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were in radio silence on the Moon's far side, they engaged in a secret mission to check out the giant Transformer lying dormant on the surface.

Take a look at the new trailer, then keep reading to find out why Bay says he's certain that we really did land on the Moon.

I got the chance to meet with Michael Bay earlier this week at his offices in Santa Monica, and he said that he actually consulted with Buzz Aldrin about his experience as the second man to walk on the Moon. He told Bay stories about the Apollo 11 mission and how they had to abandon all their unnecessary equipment there so their capsule was able to make it back home. Bay said that after speaking with Aldrin, "I definitely know they landed on the moon now. I knew it was real, just by studying actors." Apparently, Bay can tell a faker when he sees one, and in his eyes Aldrin is the real deal.

Bay also said that it was his personal interest in space that was the genesis of the film's story. Knowing that Bay was fascinated with NASA -- the director shot part of "Armageddon" at the Kennedy Space Center -- screenwriter Ehren Kruger used the Moon landing as a jumping-off point for his script.

The footage from the trailer will be in the movie, according to Bay. It wasn't created only for the teaser. But he emphasized that the visual effects aren't finished yet. "[We] still have 'turkey shots' in there," Bay said. "That's what we call them. They've got a long way to go." Bay did admit, that the shot in the trailer of the pen floating in zero-gravity was done through special effects. He didn't film in a zero-G plane like Ron Howard did for "Apollo 13."

If you want to see the trailer in 3D -- the shot at the end where the camera flies inside the robot's eye is especially impressive that way -- it should be playing before "The Chronicles of Narnia" this weekend and "TRON: Legacy" next week."Transformers: Dark of the Moon" arrives in theaters on July 1, 2011.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PS: Is that Alpha Trion or Unicron in the end?
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:31 am

I'm guessing Unicron...

It's hard to tell though with none of the TF's looking like they used to
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:01 am

...I hate you Michael Bay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Whether or not the theory is sound that we traveled and landed on the moon depends on the person and their beliefs. As to who it was, it would make sense it was Unicron (as part of or as the entire spaceship?). Wasn't Fallen on the moon with Starscream pumping out babies that instantly died in the 2nd one, anyway? I never paid much attention to the 2nd one, to be honest, so I could and I am probably wrong on that.
Back to top Go down
red laser
Monster Slayer
red laser

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:51 pm

I would say that was Unicron he has been rumoured to be in the Bay films almost from the start to give the story some scale. It looks good I hope it has a better story in it.
Back to top Go down
https://s236.photobucket.com/home/openand/index
Sector_15
Heavy Weapons
Sector_15

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Shockwave?
Back to top Go down
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Michael Bay's tf2 trailer: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:49 am

Just saw this and thought it was awesome.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:51 pm

M. Aster Karver wrote:
Michael Bay's tf2 trailer: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This was freaking hilarious

Money-B wrote:
Just saw this and thought it was awesome.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah. It looks like a good one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Page 1 of 1