Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageCharlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel? Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wizard
New Recruit
Wizard

Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel? Empty
PostSubject: Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel?   Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:31 am

Quote :
Charlize Theron Won’t Be in Eastwood’s Hoover Movie, May Star in Alien Prequel

Charlize Theron has decided against starring in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and insiders tell Vulture that Twentieth Century Fox is working overtime to re-jigger its planned prequel to Ridley Scott’s Alien to potentially, um, vacuum her up. (See what we did there? Space is a vacuum; so is a Hoover! …Sigh.)

Apparently, Theron’s reps at William Morris Endeavor were a bit ahead of the curve on their client’s willingness to star as Hoover’s longtime personal secretary Helen Gandy, putting the Oscar winner in the slightly awkward position of having to apologize to Eastwood for backing away from a role she never actually planned on accepting. All has since been smoothed over with Eastwood, but it’s also opened the door for 20th Century Fox. The studio is hoping the newly-available Theron can solve one of its more pressing problems: Casting its Alien prequel.

Director Ridley Scott is adamant that the little-known Scandinavian actress Noomi Rapace — best known, to the extent that she’s known at all, for playing Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish-language Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy — get the part of the Alien prequel’s main character, Elizabeth Shaw. Scott has also been pushing to launch a far more multi-cultural crew into space, and last month, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] reported that the director hoped to give the part of Vickers — a fortysomething, tough-but-sexy crewmember — to Michelle Yeoh.

However, knowledgeable insiders say that Fox execs are nervous about pinning Scott’s costly CGI movie on such lesser-known actors like Rapace and, should a deal be made with him, Michael Fassbender (as this blog also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is in negotiations to play the part of an android crewman), or Yeoh, and so wanted a bigger name for the part of Vickers.

Regardless, we’re told that Fox is having the role rewritten so that it’s larger and befitting, if not of Theron, than at least of someone of Theron’s stature. We're also told that the South African beauty should get the new version of the Alien script sometime this week and make her decision soon.
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel?   Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:56 am

I am looking forward to this movie.
I don't necessarily think casting will be an issue with the films performance as it is a prequel with a large fan base already. That being said though, putting Theron in the role of the main character definitely wouldn't hurt!
although CGI is expected with many aspects of the film, I hope that they go back to the original costuming of the aliens and not the crap we saw in AVP and Resurrection.
CGI needs to be used as a tool rather than a crutch and I think filmmakers need to realize this
Back to top Go down
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel?   Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 am

I wanna be the alien that gets inside her!
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel?   Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:48 am

bigdaddyblue73 wrote:
I wanna be the alien that gets inside her!

BLAMMO!
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel?   Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Awesome, loves me some Charlize Theron, soooo hot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel?   Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlize Theron to Join 'Alien' Prequel?
Page 1 of 1