Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageGame #5 Pop Culture Trivia Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Welcome to the Trivia Game with Lady Z and Delta. This week is Pop Culture Trivia!! This is how the game will go. I will post a “round” of questions. Each round is worth a certain # of points. Each person with the correct answers will get the points. Each round will last for 10 minutes. At the end of the round I will post the correct answers and award the points. At the end of the bonus I will declare a “winner” and a “runner up”. Both will need to get me their address (if I don’t already have it) and I will ship their prizes by Friday at the latest.

Spelling isn’t that important as long as we know what you are talking about...If you are playing you need to be here from the start…No joining in after the 3rd round. And this time around to make it fair to everyone I am going to post the questions here…and you are to PM me your answers. I will post everyone’s answers in the forum after the 10 minutes. That will eliminate some questions that have been brought to my attention. Finally…The first person that PMs me with ALL the correct answers will be awarded 5 extra points for that round. This game will go for 5 rounds plus a bonus round! 3 rounds will be worth 1 point per question, 2 rounds will be worth 5 points per question, and the bonus round will be worth 10 points per question.
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:50 pm

A side note: Everyone playing trivia tonight, stop by the chat box at the bottom of the main page for intructions! Goos luck to all tonight!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Now…Having said all that we will begin with the first round of questions. Have fun and don’t stress out. This is just all in good fun. You have 10 minutes after the questions are posted. Good luck everyone!!

Round 1: Fads: (1 pt each correct answer)1. What does Sylvester Stallone’s mom call her art of predicting your future by studying the “folds of your fanny”?
2. What chain required waitresses to sport tops that read “Delightfully Tacky, Yet Unrefined”?
3. What brand of snack cake had milkman Lewis Browning munched every day for 60 years?
4. What did all passengers agree to do without, on a 2003 Castaways Travel flight from Miami to Cancun?
5. What cereal is hyped by a strawberry-crazed monster in pink overalls?
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:10 pm

and.....TIME!!!!

Gonna go do some tallying and see ya in 15 minutes :D
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:13 pm

The Correct Answers:

Round 1: Fads: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What does Sylvester Stallone’s mom call her art of predicting your future by studying the “folds of your fanny”? = Rumpology
2. What chain required waitresses to sport tops that read “Delightfully Tacky, Yet Unrefined”? = Hooters
3. What brand of snack cake had milkman Lewis Browning munched every day for 60 years? = The Twinkie
4. What did all passengers agree to do without, on a 2003 Castaways Travel flight from Miami to Cancun? = Clothing
5. What cereal is hyped by a strawberry-crazed monster in pink overalls? = Frankenberry
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Rob’s Answers:
1. What does Sylvester Stallone’s mom call her art of predicting your future by studying the “folds of your fanny”?

Rumpology

2. What chain required waitresses to sport tops that read “Delightfully Tacky, Yet Unrefined”?

Hoooters!!!!

3. What brand of snack cake had milkman Lewis Browning munched every day for 60 years?

Twinkie?

4. What did all passengers agree to do without, on a 2003 Castaways Travel flight from Miami to Cancun?

Nuddie flight!

5. What cereal is hyped by a strawberry-crazed monster in pink overalls?

No fuckin idea

Bat’s Answers:
1 Art of Ass reading
2 Hooters
3 Twinkies
4 Clothes
5 Frankenberry!

Blue’s Answers:
1. Rumpology
2. Hooters
3. Twinkies
4. clothing
5. Frankenberry

Drift’s Answers:
1. What does Sylvester Stallone’s mom call her art of predicting your future by studying the “folds of your fanny”? = Ass bag reading

2. What chain required waitresses to sport tops that read “Delightfully Tacky, Yet Unrefined”? = Bigdaddyblues crusty crab shack

3. What brand of snack cake had milkman Lewis Browning munched every day for 60 years? = DingDong's

4. What did all passengers agree to do without, on a 2003 Castaways Travel flight from Miami to Cancun? = All there clothes

5. What cereal is hyped by a strawberry-crazed monster in pink overalls? = Bat's on sheep shearing day

Wry’s Answers:
1. odd and disturbing
2.Hooters
3.twinkies
4.Drinks, it was awful
5.Not boo berry.
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Totals:

Rob - 4
Bats - 4
Blue 5 + 5 for first with all correct = 10
Drift - 1
Wry - 2
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Great Round Boys!!! Give me 6 mins and next round will be up :D
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Round 2: Television: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What animated characters had names like Brainy, Lazy, Jokey, Snappy and Slouchy?
2. Who was the only ER star to stick it out for the show’s first 12 seasons?
3. What reality show star famously threatened to pee in her rude houseguest’s bottle of Jack Daniel’s?
4. What deceptively quiet little street is at the heart of Desperate Housewives?
5. What animated sitcom housewife has the maiden name Bouvier?
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:35 pm

And......TIME!!!!

Round 3 will be up in about 15 minutes. Let me first get the answers posted and the tallying done :D

Great last round men!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:39 pm

CORRECT ANSWERS!!!

Round 2: Television: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What animated characters had names like Brainy, Lazy, Jokey, Snappy and Slouchy? = The Smurfs
2. Who was the only ER star to stick it out for the show’s first 12 seasons? = Noah Wyle
3. What reality show star famously threatened to pee in her rude houseguest’s bottle of Jack Daniel’s? = Sharon Osbourne
4. What deceptively quiet little street is at the heart of Desperate Housewives? = Wisteria Lane
5. What animated sitcom housewife has the maiden name Bouvier? = Marge Simpson
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Rob’s Answers:
1. What animated characters had names like Brainy, Lazy, Jokey, Snappy and Slouchy?

Smurfs, yo!

2. Who was the only ER star to stick it out for the show’s first 12 seasons?

Noah Wyle?

3. What reality show star famously threatened to pee in her rude houseguest’s bottle of Jack Daniel’s?

Bridgit N.

4. What deceptively quiet little street is at the heart of Desperate Housewives?

Mysteria lane. (I hate that i know that)

5. What animated sitcom housewife has the maiden name Bouvier?

Simpsons

Blue’s Answers:
1. smurfs
2. Anthony Edwards
3. Chyna--Joanie Laurie--
4. Wisteria Lane
5. MArge Simpson

Drift’s Answers:
1. What animated characters had names like Brainy, Lazy, Jokey, Snappy and Slouchy? = 7 dworf's

2. Who was the only ER star to stick it out for the show’s first 12 seasons? = Cloony

3. What reality show star famously threatened to pee in her rude houseguest’s bottle of Jack Daniel’s? = Tammy fay Baker

4. What deceptively quiet little street is at the heart of Desperate Housewives? = wusstirry lane I asked my mom I aim't gay !

5. What animated sitcom housewife has the maiden name Bouvier? = No F'n clue

Bat’s Answers:
1 smurfs
2 noah wyle
3 Brigitte
4 Driftwoods Bearded Area
5 Simpsons

Wry’s Answers:
1.Smurfs
2. I remember some doctor got his arm chopped off by a helicopter at the hospital. So I'll say that helicopter, he worked that doctor. I think his name was Airwolf.
3.Whaaaa??? really, lol! Um...one of those chicks from Jersey Shore for sure.
4.Bat Shit Crazy Cougar lane
5.Marge Simpson
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Points for this round:
Rob - 4
Bats - 3
Blue - 3
Drift - 1
Wry - 2

Total so far:
Rob - 8
Bats - 7
Blue - 13
Drift - 2
Wry - 4

Great job.... This is just a bit harder than the last game :D But doing GREAT!!! 6 mins til next round!!
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Round 3: Music: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What folk hero was “driving that train, high on cocaine”, according to a Grateful Dead tune?
2. What word, according to Gregg Allman, is “rap” short for?
3. What rapper released two CDs on the same day, putting “up-tempo club bangers” on Sweat and “grown and sexy” tunes on Suit?
4. What 1977 Queen album boasted the rock classics We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions?
5. Who dedicated his album Under the Table and Dreaming to his sister murdered in South Africa?
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:00 pm

And.....TIME!!!

15 minutes til next round. Let me get the answers and tally some points :D

Good game so far gents!!
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:01 pm

GUESS WHO'S BACK! :D
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Jump in, man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:03 pm

CORRECT ANSWERS:

Round 3: Music: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What folk hero was “driving that train, high on cocaine”, according to a Grateful Dead tune? = Casey Jones
2. What word, according to Gregg Allman, is “rap” short for? = Crap
3. What rapper released two CDs on the same day, putting “up-tempo club bangers” on Sweat and “grown and sexy” tunes on Suit? = Nelly
4. What 1977 Queen album boasted the rock classics We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions? = News of the World
5. Who dedicated his album Under the Table and Dreaming to his sister murdered in South Africa? = Dave Matthews
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Rob’s Answers:
1. What folk hero was “driving that train, high on cocaine”, according to a Grateful Dead tune?

Casey jones!

2. What word, according to Gregg Allman, is “rap” short for?

that would be crap

3. What rapper released two CDs on the same day, putting “up-tempo club bangers” on Sweat and “grown and sexy” tunes on Suit?
Nelly .....I hate myself.

4. What 1977 Queen album boasted the rock classics We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions?

Queen

5. Who dedicated his album Under the Table and Dreaming to his sister murdered in South Africa?

Dave matthews. Then liam Neeson made a movie about it, only the girl didnt die and i t was his daughter. Taken fucking ruled.

Bat’s Answers:
1 Casey jones
2 Crap
3 Nelly
4 Queen
5 Dave Matthews

Blue’s Answers:
1. Casey Jones
2. crap
3. Nelly
4. News of the World
5, Dave Matthews

Wry’s Answers:
1 Jerry Garcia
2 Talk
3 Vanilla Ice
4 They had other albums?
5 This is sad

Blay’s Answers:
1. Casey Jones
2. rap is short for crap
3. Nelly
4. News of the World
5. dave matthews

Drift’s Answers:
1. What folk hero was “driving that train, high on cocaine”, according to a Grateful Dead tune? = Casey Jones

2. What word, according to Gregg Allman, is “rap” short for? = Retarded ass people

3. What rapper released two CDs on the same day, putting “up-tempo club bangers” on Sweat and “grown and sexy” tunes on Suit? = Some dumb ass Rob Zombie did it better

4. What 1977 Queen album boasted the rock classics We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions? = I'm gay he-he

5. Who dedicated his album Under the Table and Dreaming to his sister murdered in South Africa? = Some guy with a poor dead sister.
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Points at the end of Round 3:
Rob - 4
Bats - 4
Blue - 5 + 5 for first with all correct answers = 10
Drift - 1
Wry - 0
Blay - 5

Total so far for the game:
Rob - 12
Bats - 11
Blue - 23
Drift - 3
Wry - 4
Blay - 5

Great Round!! 8 minutes til next round!!
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Round 4: Buzz: (5 pts each correct answer)
1. What color swimsuit did Farrah Fawcett wear in her famed 1970s pinup poster?
2. What real-life royal did Marvel Comics plan to raise from the dead for an X-Men spinoff, until they got cold feet?
3. Which branch of the U. S. armed forces was hyped in ads: “It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure”?
4. What European leader did Newsweek sum up after his 2001 landslide re-election as “Clinton without the scandals”?
5. What U. S. state reversed Robert Lee Coggin’s conviction for flipping the bird, ruling that the gesture “does not constitute a breach of peace”?
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:25 pm

And....TIME!!!!

Remember this round is worth 5 points.. :D

Give me 15 minutes to post correct answers and tally up the points!
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:28 pm

CORRECT ANSWERS:

Round 4: Buzz: (5 pts each correct answer)
1. What color swimsuit did Farrah Fawcett wear in her famed 1970s pinup poster? = Red
2. What real-life royal did Marvel Comics plan to raise from the dead for an X-Men spinoff, until they got cold feet? = Princess Diana
3. Which branch of the U. S. armed forces was hyped in ads: “It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure”? = The U. S. Navy
4. What European leader did Newsweek sum up after his 2001 landslide re-election as “Clinton without the scandals”? = Tony Blair
5. What U. S. state reversed Robert Lee Coggin’s conviction for flipping the bird, ruling that the gesture “does not constitute a breach of peace”? = Texas
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Blue’s Answers:
1. red
2. Princess Di
3 the Navy
4. Yeltsin
5. TX

Rob’s Answers:
1. What color swimsuit did Farrah Fawcett wear in her famed 1970s pinup poster?

red

2. What real-life royal did Marvel Comics plan to raise from the dead for an X-Men spinoff, until they got cold feet?

Princess of Wales? No idea.

3. Which branch of the U. S. armed forces was hyped in ads: “It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure”?

Navy

4. What European leader did Newsweek sum up after his 2001 landslide re-election as “Clinton without the scandals”?

Tony "The Witch project" blair

5. What U. S. state reversed Robert Lee Coggin’s conviction for flipping the bird, ruling that the gesture “does not constitute a breach of peace”?

Texas, of course

Blay’s Answers:
1. red
2. princess Di
3. Navy
4. tony blair
5. Texas

Bat’s Answers:
1 Gold
2 Psylocke
3 Navy
4 Otis B Driftwood
5 Texas

Drift’s Answers:
1. Red

2. Serpentor

3. Army

4. Tony blair

5. Alabama !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Points at the end of Round 4:
Rob - 5 + 5 for first with all correct answers = 10
Bats - 2
Blue - 4
Drift - 2
Wry - 0
Blay - 5

Total so far for the game:
Rob - 42
Bats - 21
Blue - 43
Drift - 13
Wry - 4
Blay - 30

Great Round again Men!! 4 mins til next round!!! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia   Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game #5 Pop Culture Trivia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next