Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageRound #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Empty
PostSubject: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Welcome to the Trivia Game with Lady Z and Delta. This week is Livin’ In The 90’s Trivia!! This is how the game will go. I will post a “round” of questions. Each round is worth a certain # of points. Each person with the correct answers will get the points. Each round will last for 10 minutes. At the end of the round I will post the correct answers and award the points. At the end of the bonus I will declare who gets the prizes this week. Any winners will need to get me their address (if I don’t already have it) and I will ship their prizes by Saturday at the latest.

Spelling isn’t that important as long as we know what you are talking about...

If you are playing you need to be here from the start…No joining in after the 3rd round.

I am going to post the questions here…and you are to PM me your answers. I will post everyone’s answers in the forum after the 10 minutes. Finally…The first person that PMs me with ALL the correct answers will be awarded 2 extra points for that round. This game will go for 5 rounds plus a bonus round! 3 rounds will be worth 1 point per question, 2 rounds will be worth 2 points per question, and the bonus round will be worth 5 points per question.
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Now…Having said all that we will begin with the first round of questions. Have fun and don’t stress out. This is just all in good fun. You have 10 minutes after the questions are posted. Good luck everyone!!

*~*REMINDER!!*~*
If you are NOT here before the end of round 3 then you WILL NOT get ANY points for your answers! This is to make it fair for those that were here from the beginning!!
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:00 pm

[b]Round 1: Trends: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What hip-hop term do some flyboys trace back to “physically attractive” or “pretty hips and thighs”?
2. What been brand spawned the male-bonding “I love you, man” ad campaign?
3. What was the “something white” that Pamela Anderson wore to wed Tommy Lee in Cancun?
4. What TV chef adds ingredients with a characteristic “Bam”?
5. What California city set off a firestorm by briefly endorsing Ebonics as a language?

[color=blue][b][i]You have 10 minutes. Please PM me your answers. Remember: 1st person to PM me
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:11 pm

And....TIME!!!!

Gimme 5.. :)
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Rob’s Answers:
1. What hip-hop term do some flyboys trace back to “physically attractive” or “pretty hips and thighs”?
PHAT, yo!

Beer ? Budwiser? Gayness?

3. What was the “something white” that Pamela Anderson wore to wed Tommy Lee in Cancun?
Tommy Lee

Emril (I have to get that one)

5. What California city set off a firestorm by briefly endorsing Ebonics as a language?
LA. fo shizzle, homie.

Jimbo’s Answers:
1. Phat
2. Miller
3. Bra
4. Emeril Lagasse
5. Los Angeles

Wry’s Answers:
1.Apple bottom
2. Schlitz Gay
3.Pearl necklace
4.Rachel ray...I dunno, she's kinda cute.
5.lol! oh wow....

Blue’s Answers:

Bat’s Answers:
1 FAB
2 Bromance
3 Uniform
4 Emirill Lagasse
5 Oakland or Los Angeles

Drift’s Answers:
1 FAB
2 Bromance
3 Uniform
4 Emirill Lagasse
5 Oakland or Los Angeles
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 pm

CORRECT ANSWERS:
[b]Round 1: Trends: (1 pt each correct answer)

Phat

Bud Light

A bikini

Emeril Lagasse

Oakland
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Total correct for round 1(worth 1 point per question):
Rob – 3
Jimbo – 2
Wry – 0
Blue – 0
Bats – 2
Drift – 2

Total points at end of round 1:
Rob – 3
Jimbo – 2
Wry – 0
Blue – 0
Bats – 2
Drift – 2
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Round 2: Viewing: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What diva sang One More For The Road as Johnny Carson’s last Tonight Show guest?
2. What Kenny Rogers song was complex enough to inspire five made-for-TV movies?
3. What Tommy Lee Jones film did TV Guide hail as ”Ghostbusters meets The X-Files”?
4. What nickname did Samuel Powers answer to, on Saved by the Bell?
5. Who played a transvestite DEA agent on Twin Peaks before a juicier FBI role beckoned?

You have 10 minutes. Please PM me your answers. Remember: 1st person to PM me with all their answers correct will get an extra 2 bonus points
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:25 pm

And.....TIME!!!!

Good Round boys.... 5 mins til next round :)
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:26 pm

CORRECT ANSWERS:
Round 2: Viewing: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What diva sang One More For The Road as Johnny Carson’s last Tonight Show guest?

Bette Midler
2. What Kenny Rogers song was complex enough to inspire five made-for-TV movies?

The Gambler
3. What Tommy Lee Jones film did TV Guide hail as ”Ghostbusters meets The X-Files”?

Men In Black

Screech
5. Who played a transvestite DEA agent on Twin Peaks before a juicier FBI role beckoned?

David Duchovny
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Rob’s Answers:
Bett Midler She is "phat"

The Gambler

MIB

Screech. That's what the chick in his sex tape did. Yup, facepalm.

David Ducoveny. And Zoltron.

Jimbo’s Answers:
1. Loretta Lynn
2. Coward of the County
3. Men In Black
5. Zach
5. That Oneguy

Wry’s Answers:
1.Uhhh....
2.The Gambler
3.MIB
4.Screech
5.Hmmmmm....is he/she a Tanker?

Blue’s Answers:
Celine Dion

THe Gambler

Men In Black

Screech

David Duchovny

Bat’s Answers:
1 bette midler
2 gambler
3 men in black
4 screech
5 david duchovny

Drift’s Answers:
1. Babs
2.The gambler
3.blade runner
4. screech
5. # 5's qustons are to gay to anwser

Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Total correct for round 2(worth 1 point per question):
Rob – 5
Jimbo – 1
Wry – 3
Blue – 4
Bats – 5
Drift – 3
First person with all correct = BATS (+ 2 points)
Total points at end of round 2:
Rob – 8
Jimbo – 3
Wry – 3
Blue – 4
Bats – 9
Drift –5
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Round 3: Oops: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What band was obliged to remove a song penned by Charles Manson from its album The Spaghetti Incident?
2. What word did Dan Quayle famously add an “e” to, after a sixth-grader had spelled it correctly?
3. Who wasn’t allowed to return to his TV Playhouse after a “revealing” incident at a Florida theater?
4. What movie was Brandon Lee filming, when he was accidentally killed by a “blank” pistol shot?
A. What sitcom spoofed Austin Powers by hiring four-foot-tall Debbie Lee Carrington to play “Mini-Mimi”?

You have 10 minutes. Please PM me your answers. Remember: 1st person to PM me with all their answers correct will get an extra 2 bonus points
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 pm

And...>TIME!!!!! Good round. Gimme 5.. :)
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:42 pm

CORRECT ANSWERS:
Round 3: Oops: (1 pt each correct answer)
1. What band was obliged to remove a song penned by Charles Manson from its album The Spaghetti Incident?

Guns N’ Roses
2. What word did Dan Quayle famously add an “e” to, after a sixth-grader had spelled it correctly?

Potato
3. Who wasn’t allowed to return to his TV Playhouse after a “revealing” incident at a Florida theater?

Pee-wee Herman
4. What movie was Brandon Lee filming, when he was accidentally killed by a “blank” pistol shot?

The Crow
5. What sitcom spoofed Austin Powers by hiring four-foot-tall Debbie Lee Carrington to play “Mini-Mimi”?

The Drew Carey Show
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Rob’s Answers:
GnR

potato (e)

Pee Wee

The Crow

A. What sitcom spoofed Austin Powers by hiring four-foot-tall Debbie Lee Carrington to play “Mini-Mimi”?
Drew Cary SHow

Jimbo’s Answers:
1. Guns N Roses
2. Potatoe
3. Pee Wee Herman
4. Enter the Tiger?
5. Seinfeld

Wry’s Answers:
1.Guns & Roses
2.Potato
3.Paul Reubans
4.The Crow
5. A spoof of a spoof huh? SNL i dunno..

Blue’s Answers:
Guns and Roses

tomato

Paul Ruebens aka pee wee herman

The Crow

Drew Carey Show

Bat’s Answers:
1 guns n roses
2 potatoe
3 pee wee herman
4 the crow
5 drew carey show

Drift’s Answers:
1. manson
2.weeeeeeeeeee
3. pewee
4. crow
A. madtv

Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Total correct for round 3(worth 1 point per question):
Rob – 5
Jimbo – 3
Wry – 4
Blue – 4
Bats – 5
Drift – 2
First person with all correct = ROB (+ 2 points)
Total points at end of round 3:
Rob – 15
Jimbo – 6
Wry – 7
Blue – 8
Bats – 14
Drift – 7
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:45 pm

*~*REMINDER!!*~*
If you were NOT here before the end of round 3 then you WILL NOT get ANY points for your answers! This is to make it fair for those that were here from the beginning!!

Round 4: Important: (2 pts each correct answer)
1. What Oliver Stone movie did Dylan Klebold write about in fellow Columbine shooter Eric Harris’ yearbook?
2. What virus was first detected in the U.S. after a cormorant, two flamingoes, and a pheasant turned up dead at the Bronx Zoo?
3. What 73-year-old actor became head of the National Rifle Association in 1998?
4. What phrase summed up the Clinton administration’s policy on gays in the military?
5. What cult leader prophetically named his Texas compound Ranch Apocalypse?

Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 pm

And..TIME!!! Great round. 2 more to go!!! Gimme 5 to post the correct answers :)
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 pm

CORRECT ANSWERS:
Round 4: Important: (2 pts each correct answer)
1. What Oliver Stone movie did Dylan Klebold write about in fellow Columbine shooter Eric Harris’ yearbook?

Natural Born Killers
2. What virus was first detected in the U.S. after a cormorant, two flamingoes, and a pheasant turned up dead at the Bronx Zoo?

West Nile
3. What 73-year-old actor became head of the National Rifle Association in 1998?

Charlton Heston
4. What phrase summed up the Clinton administration’s policy on gays in the military?

“Don’t ask, don’t tell”

David Koresh
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Rob’s Answers:
natural Born Killers

West Nile, also known as Wrynet

Charleten Heston "Damn dirty apes!"

Dont ask, dont tell (unless you have a cigar)

Koresh

Jimbo’s Answers:
1.Born on the Fourth of July
2.Avian Flu
3.Charleton HEston
4.Don't Ask Don't Tell
5.David Korresh

Wry’s Answers:
1. Natural Born Killers
2.Zooitis
3.Charlton Heston
4.don't ask don't scream
5.David Coresh

Blue’s Answers:
Born on the 4th o July

Asian Bird Flu

Charlton HEston

Don't ask, don't tell.

David koresh

Bat’s Answers:
1 ntaural born killers
2 west nile virus
3 charlton heston
4 don't ask.. don;t tell
5 david koresh

Drift’s Answers:
1. jsrjstul6swtyjaretn
2. bird flue
3. charton heston
4. go ask the I.G ....dont ask dont tell
5. Bat's

Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Total correct for round 4(worth 2 points per question):
Rob – 5
Jimbo – 3
Wry – 4
Blue – 3
Bats – 5
Drift – 2
First person with all correct = ROB…again… (+ 2 points)
Total points at end of round 4:
Rob – 27
Jimbo – 12
Wry – 15
Blue – 14
Bats – 24
Drift – 11
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 pm

*~*REMINDER!!*~*
If you were NOT here before the end of round 3 then you WILL NOT get ANY points for your answers! This is to make it fair for those that were here from the beginning!!

Round 5: Hangin’: (2 pts each correct answer)
1. What talk-show host is enough of a car buff to write a monthly column for Popular Mechanics?
2. What was the only actual spice among the names of the Spice Girls?
3. What heavy-metal group put their Alive III album in the top ten, 18 years after Alive?
4. What was Eminem sitting on when he came up with the name Slim Shady?
5. What quadruple-distilled, triple-filtered vodka in a blue bottle claimed to be “hangover free”?

Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:10 pm

AND.................................TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great round... Close game...

1 more round to go!! Gimme 5 and lets see who comes out on top...
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:10 pm

CORRECT ANSWERS:
Round 5: Hangin’: (2 pts each correct answer)
1. What talk-show host is enough of a car buff to write a monthly column for Popular Mechanics?

Jay Leno
2. What was the only actual spice among the names of the Spice Girls?

Ginger
3. What heavy-metal group put their Alive III album in the top ten, 18 years after Alive?

Kiss
4. What was Eminem sitting on when he came up with the name Slim Shady?

A toilet
5. What quadruple-distilled, triple-filtered vodka in a blue bottle claimed to be “hangover free”?

Skyy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..   Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round #16...Livin' In The 90's Trivia..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next