Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageHero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood

Go down 
+6
THE DELTA
Batman
M. Aster Karver
thatjimboguy
Stronox
Iron Will
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron Will
S12 News Staff
Iron Will

Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Empty
PostSubject: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Hero: Batman: Under the Red Hood! To date this is one of the best DC animated movies to be released. First off the story did a great job condensing about 4-5 years of Batman continuity into an animated feature. I think they actually did a better job handling Jason's return than the comics did. The voice actors all did a great job. Jensen Ackles stood out in this area. DC animation has had a problem that slowly has been correcting over time and this was another step in the right direction. When Batman The Animated Series debuted the animation style was great and something we had not seen for animation in our generation, but then after that DC used that as it's base for everything after with minor tweaks here and there. Red Hood finally pulls the animation back into the direction of higher detail. My only complaint is that Tim Drake was left out of the story and to me he was a key element in the comic story line, but I understand that things have to be trimmed to make the movie work. As a special bonus the Best Buy Special Edition will include an animated Jonah Hex short (which should make up for the movie) and a Red Hood figure. This is one to buy for the collection!!

[img]Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Batmanredhood[/img]

Back to top Go down
Stronox
Creative Team
Stronox

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 am

Awesome review man, def gonna check this one out!
Back to top Go down
http://stronoxcustoms.blogspot.com
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:20 am

Yeah, I'm gonna have to get this myself soo. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:41 am

I'll check it out on on-demand for sure. If I like it that much, I'll buy it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:08 pm

I'll get that bad-boy on Netflix and then buy it when it is in the 5.00 bin!! Maybe even 10.00 on blu-ray if I can find it!!
Back to top Go down
THE DELTA
S12 News Staff
THE DELTA

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:20 pm

if you buy this at best buy you can get a 3in red hood fig. in a blu-ray/2 disc dvd pack.saw the preview for this and was kinda impressed so i may see it.
Back to top Go down
ZombieRob
Battle Ready
ZombieRob

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:38 pm

I agree 100%. A fantastic animated rendition of an equally great story arc. The Red Hood is a great story and the character is everything that Batman can't be. He isn't held to the same "code" that Batman is. He understands that some threats need to be exterminated. This is the one thing that has always bugged me about Bruce. I understand the code to some extent, but there comes a time where a threat becomes so great that for the better good and saftey of innocent lives that threat needs to be eliminated. A personal moral code doesn't outway the thousands of lives ruined or taken by that threat. There is point where you cannot justify sparing the life of one madman and in turn damning the thousands he will kill. (P.S. you touched on this in your Green arrow review wonderfully Will) Red Hood understands this and its a reason why I've grown to love the character. I agree that they did an oustanding job of capturing the essence of years of comicbook story into an hour and a half film brilliantly. If not for the Nolan Batfilms I would consider this the best Batman film ever. And it stands as the best animated Batman film at very least IMO. The voice cast is outstanding as well as the animation. I loved the Jonah Hex short as well. Another great darker/mature mini film by D.C. continuing what they accomplished with the Spectre short. I look forward to the Green Arrow short attatched to the next film. The free fig was a tad dissapointing but servicable as a dashboard decoration. All around a need to own dvd if you are even remotely a Batman fan. Great pick for hero of the week and great review Will.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:32 pm

havent seen this yet but my roommate has it so def. soon
Back to top Go down
Swafus
S12 News Staff
Swafus

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:05 pm

I saw it last Thursday at "Movie Night" at my buddies' comic shop. I thought it was absolutely fantastic! I would have preferred Mark Hamill as Joker but other than that the voice acting was top notch.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:19 pm

This movie rocked!!! I can;t wait to get it on Blu Ray for 10.00 next year!!
Back to top Go down
Money-B
Administrator
Money-B

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:03 am

Batmandk02 wrote:
This movie rocked!!! I can;t wait to get it on Blu Ray for 10.00 next year!!

Getting close Bats. Amazon has it for $15.49.

Batman-Under-Red-Hood
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood   Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hero for 07/24: Batman Under the Red Hood
Page 1 of 1