Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageDay OFF Fun time! Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Day OFF Fun time!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Prince
S12 News Staff
The_Prince

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:27 am

I am not reviewing these until little but want to tempt you with what needs to be open. Pictures shall be done probably 1 pm tomorrow.

DCUC Valdius Wave ( I got the whole set finally)
Nothing Displays just how terrible it is to wait for a wave than this one. I went to K-mart, Walmart, Target, and Toys r Us From December when I purchased Martian and Sinestro Batman from Toys R Us when I worked there. I never saw any other figures. The shipping of the Toys R Us brand shipped an assorted number of figures rather than a complete wave. For my Birthday I went to a local comic shop. This is 2/2/2011 and was able to pick up Starman. Than it wasn't until June 18 that I finally completed this wave by getting Jemm, Raven, and Omac. Now onto the reviews.

I picked up Batman in Sinestro Corps Garb as one of the first figures. Where as I deplore the use of the Multi Color corps as an eyesore and a headache if ever one could be presented. Batman uses the same head that he came with the Clayface two pack Sporting a Growl. He's a standard Batman set which what looks to be new Gantlets for his Sinestro Corps look. Typical Yellow Lantern body construction mixed with Batman. His Accessory is a yellow Energy created Batring which he can hurl at people. As much as I hate admitting this. This figure is pretty Awesome.

Martian Manhunter- We finally get the green Guy! As the Modern World dictates that the Shape changing Alien must now wear pants we get John in his regular green Glory. I do not have the Variant Alien Hand and in this case I don't care. The Figure delivers what it must the pure fun of having the Manhunter to complete the JLA after whatever many waves. I got confused when they entered the Walmart Only things yet counted them as whole waves for the line. This is what 14 or 15. In any cause he comes with the all standardized body added straps to make him look like John. One compliant is that his uh arms look rather small with his body.

Starman- Golden Age love! Alright as some of you know I love starman. To get that basis off. This is just a repaint of the regular cape body with the head of steel(I think). He comes with a Cosmic Rod and a handgun in a holster. I love him you may not depending on how you feel about the JSA/All Star/ Infinity Inc but as I have a separate column for these guys well you know where my loyalty lays.

Raven-Let the Disappointment begin! The next three figures are where this line fizzles out. Raven is by far one of the oddest things to display. Her cloak is crafted up and in pictures you are suppose to place her hands up. Thanks Diamond Selects I do so love these Action Statues you make.....oh wait it's Mattel. Her arms feel weak at best but at least she doesn't suffer from Zatanna Ankles one of the biggest fears for this toy line caused by those damn Elastics. The head is cloaked but has no sign of hair and can not be removed. The cloak hinders the figure as the arms are not easy to bend the way they showed she should be. It's a completely waste of a figure and I would have rather the cloak been all around and removable than in it's current stage.

Jemm- Jemm isn't a bad figure persay he's just well Jemm. How many people here know who Jemm is without skipping off to Comicvine or to Wikipedia. I wasn't one of them and I collect Comics. The figure is what it is. A reuse of parts with new hands or hands I never saw before which leave a interesting twist to what could have been a simple Martian Manhunter repaint. There is enough to warrant this being called a Figure but why this unknown and rather uncared for character had been made where as popular characters and other b list superheroes haven't seen the plastic treatment is beyond me. Now I have to suffer through color lantern wave and the Superfriend waves. Didn't Mattel get the Message with Cyclotron we don't want those shitty Kenner made characters.

Omac- Omac stands for One Man Army Core or JLA 1980-90 Assassins. However this is the early 1970's appearance. The head sculpt reminds me of the Rock with a Mohawk. The costume is done well but the problem once again is the Elastic band. His leg is deformed forever placing it above the ankle of his other leg due to the Elastic being used. When you have such Articulation you don't really need those damn Elastics. Of course with the Green Lantern Classic Wave Two is a hint these bands have been phased out of the DCUC figures and that is not a moment to soon. I hated what they did with those. His legs feel cheap because of that plastic and his head seems loose and unnormal.

Valdius- Brimstone, Akrillo, Kilowag. These Build a Figures are used in a few ways with Valdius. The Torso is really the same just take away the belt for Akrillo. The Legs and Arms don't really offer anything new. Though Valdius comes with a tube which goes into a loop upon his arm keeping him from being a straight up copy of the other figures. His head Sculpt however is really amazing and as the only Legionnaire bad guy made he well be the only one you have to face off against them. He's actually very cool once I saw the arms having thought they were flat but something about this figure still seems light.

Green Lantern 3 3/4 Stel, Isamot, Abin Sur, Hal(green) Green Man- Rarely can you summarize up a line. If you like the movie look of the Green Lantern and you enjoyed and missed the old Batman Toys from Kenner/Toybiz you may like this line. About the same size but many times skinner Green Lantern figures failure to deliver on what could have been a huge chance. Little in the forms of Articulation. Arms up and down, Legs up and down Head side to side. (Green man has a chest articulation for some reason and Isamot one for his tail) These toys won't be on anyone's wish list though the created Helicopter does seem cool. These is a very disappointing concept to me but there is one thing that saves it. I'll allow the future picture to tell that tale.

Captain America- I went to Toys R Us and what did I fine but the glory of the Captain America line. I picked up Three figures and needless to say these may be the only three Captain America figures I pick up.

Captain Britain-Currently behind Destro and Baroness holding hands in the Terrodrome is Captain Britain who in my mind follows Destro to restore the British Empire which has been crushed to a commonwealth under the Windsor family. His look comes with more Metallic metal paint. His joints are however really tight and his legs don't move with ease at all though they look like they have articulation. I am afraid of breaking them so I just leave him standing in the terror. He comes with a sword and a blaster that I put someplace. I have little to complain about this figure.

US Agent- This is where the line starts to show how cheap Hasbro wanted these figures to be made. US Agent arms seem rather short. The Mask paint job is messy at best. He appears to be able to move his gloves but he can't. Than we get to his legs which are bow legged making the US Agent seem like he can't stand and has not eaten properly in decades. The problem is to me only his legs though some really hate the lack of swivel in his hand. His legs are terrible but at least they are together. He comes with a Uzi and his own form of the shield.

Modern Captain Bucky- I have all four of the Battle Giant packs that Walmart only mint in box. I have the Marvel Universe attempt at Bucky but am not going to open it. I thought this would be a good way to get one but by let me tell you I was wrong. The belt of the figure is not to bad and the upper arms of the figures are great. The problem is one more his legs. They seem weak and flimsy and with just a few movement of his knees I've already detached his knee from his joint without any tools or even trying to. Yay for Great Quality.

Bottom Line- Though most excited for this line it has become a skip for me. These figures are terrible in Quality and seem to have so many variables to rather or not that you get a good solid figures. I stick with collecting GI Joe, terrible GL movie figures before I spend another dime on this line.

GI Joe Alpha wave 3-

Dusty and the Snow/Desert Thing- I have a Dusty! Excited for this figure I am indeed. This is by far my favorite figure of the Three that were included for the Joe Vehicles. This Dusty is just a copy of the 25th one from the box set with a whack at the Digital Camo. The only thing missing from him is a Stand, Weapons, and for uniform the clothe fabric that was for the back of his head. That's not a lost to me. His Vehicle produced a shock. I had always though you placed the figure laying down and his legs were seen but instead you sit him in the cockpit. I'm happy with the vehicle as the Apc with desert Top, Tank, Three Awe Strikers all have a Desert Feel I have my lead vehicle just that can get blown up first.

Now we go with LeatherNeck and the ATV.
ATV- I had thought this was just a redo of scrap Iron One from the Movie but I was wrong. Added stable platforms for the feet of the figure. The platform of the Front and Back and the included rocket Launcher makes the ATV that Leatherneck has out to be one of the unique to the Joe front. IT is not the second ATV I own and shall do it's service to the Joes with the one that comes with the PTE.

Leatherneck- The changes of Leathernecks arms have become the biggest pain in my ass. Where as I thought they would make the figure able to sit and ride the vehicle he came with. My leatherneck can not sit on the ATV. He can not hold his gun properly. Any attempt to make his arms work properly end with them popping out of place and ending up on the ground where I have to look for them. At this point I just may switch them out with Dukes so that at least he is capable of being more than just a dio piece that I don't want to breathe on.

Ice Storm- Take the Snake Eyes Artic body and add in a new neck. Color it differently. Provide a new black holster and a new head and bang you have Ice Storm the end.

Polar Sharc- This is my favorite vehicle of the line and oddly enough mine came with some stickers already applied to the submarine however the things which keep it back is simple. It seems undone. They are tabs to pull and push inside yet they don't do anything. It doesn't cause anything to more. There is a peg on the bottom and with the gun holder being a very poor excuse for that this appears to have been made to hook up to something before being scrapped to just this. AS good as it is I can not help but wonder what it could have been.

POC Ghost Hawk. I admit I haven't opened this yet.

Last edited by The_Prince on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 am

We are waiting: tic tok tic tok
Back to top Go down
Tankster
Creative Team
Tankster

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Batmandk02 wrote:
We are waiting: tic tok tic tok
yep yep lol!
Back to top Go down
The_Prince
S12 News Staff
The_Prince

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Alright I'm going I'm going I'm going.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Get to work you slacker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterartworks.ecrater.com
The_Prince
S12 News Staff
The_Prince

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:25 am

There thoughts are up pictures to follow later today.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:05 am

Asphalt wrote:
Get to work you slacker.

Uh oh the gaunlet has been thrown down with the word SLACKER!
Back to top Go down
Asphalt
S12 Captain
Asphalt

Character Profile
Class:

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 pm

ohhh I did, I slacked it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterartworks.ecrater.com
The_Prince
S12 News Staff
The_Prince

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:37 am

Camera is not working in any order which would provide you with detail pictures. Not sure why as I really wish to show you the use of those GL Accessories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Day OFF Fun time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day OFF Fun time!   Day OFF Fun time! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day OFF Fun time!
Page 1 of 1