Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageTRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?

Go down 
+9
thatjimboguy
The_Prince
M. Aster Karver
bigdaddyblue73
THE DELTA
The BLAY
Batman
red laser
LadyDelta
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Hello my Sector 12 friends...

It has been brought to my attention that some of you are wanting trivia time back up and running...I am considering it, but I need some input from all of you...

1-What day are we thinking?

2-How many rounds...and how many questions per round?

3-When do we want to start?

Please think about these things and let me know. I was thinking that the last trivia game just got to be TOO long so we would shorten it up just a bit...and I need to know what time works best also. I am somewhat flexable...so lets see what we can do.

Thanks all...

Oh...Last thing...I was thinking like twice a month, or every other week, not every week. Would that work for you all?? Lets get some feedback.. THANKS :)

~Lady Z~ OUT
Back to top Go down
red laser
Monster Slayer
red laser

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:08 pm

That's a short quiz Z. lol!
Back to top Go down
https://s236.photobucket.com/home/openand/index
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:02 pm

I say 3 rounds of 7 questions at 18 minutes a round. That makes it about an hour every two weeks. I am game for anyday of the week but I would prefer Wednesday and Thursday and quite possibly Monday!! Start at 7 and be over by 8.

I have my input in on this.
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks Keith. I am thinking most likely on Wednesday since I work Mondays & Thursdays. I like the 3 rounds of 7 questions. 18 minutes...with 5 minute breaks? or are we saying like 13 minutes with a 5 minute break to = 18 minutes?

Great input. Anyone else??
Back to top Go down
red laser
Monster Slayer
red laser

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:34 pm

How would you time it?
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Ah yes.. Red Laser is new to the trivia. Here is how we did it in the past:

People would show up about 15 minutes before game time and chat in the chat room. At 7 then the round of questions would be posted and you PM your answers to lady Z. After about 13 minutes she would come back in the chatbox and say: TIME's UP. Then we would talk for a few more minutes and then another round until all rounds are finished. The winner of the trivia would get a pretty damn good prize too. SO it is definately worth showing up for. I got beat by 1 point so many times that it was damn near a ritual.

Love me some trivia!!

Back to top Go down
red laser
Monster Slayer
red laser

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Ah that's a bit hard for us UK members unless it's the weekend due to the time differences.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:12 pm

I totally did not know you were from the UK area. That may pose a small problem.
Back to top Go down
red laser
Monster Slayer
red laser

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Yep on a small island in between Ireland and the UK but for postage we count as the UK confusing I know.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:38 pm

So what time is it there when we decide to put a time in on the trivia?? 3 am or something?
Back to top Go down
red laser
Monster Slayer
red laser

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:40 pm

It's now 23:40 pm here.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Wow... well if you choose to play.. take a good ol nap and then grab a cup of coffee and then go back to bed. It would be cool if you could play. I would like to see your knowledgeable skills in this wacky trivia that we play.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:04 pm

staggering the amount of times its played each month on a bi-weekly basis is not a bad idea at all
Back to top Go down
THE DELTA
S12 News Staff
THE DELTA

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:46 pm

if trivia comes back,there will most definately be some changes to make the game easier to play and for you guys to have fun with.if z wants to do this and if she and you guys wants me as the announcer of the game in the chatbox just let me know.
Back to top Go down
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:10 pm

I can't play Sunday or Monday or Tuesday nights. Anything else is fine. I would like to see it kept to about an hour.
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Ok...so far it seems that people want trivia back, that Wednesday is the night of choice, and 1 hour time limit works...

Bi-weekly games ok?

How many rounds?

How many questions per round?

Prize ideas...?

And when should we start this again?....

I think these are really the only questions I have.

Tom-I will say that since you and I are not living together there is no reason why you can't join in the game. That will give you a chance to win some prizes and if anyone questions anything we can deal with it. I will get the questions and answers together without Tom's input so then everyone has a fair shot....

Please...everyone let me know if this is acceptable.. :)
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:56 pm

3 rounds with 7 questions per round.

Prizes are whatever is cheap and fun to have.
Back to top Go down
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:12 pm

Cheap and fun to have, how about an afa graded rowdy roddy piper figure?
Back to top Go down
The_Prince
S12 News Staff
The_Prince

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Who cares about prizes! Yay Trivia!
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Class:

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:51 pm

I wish I could do it Z, but I just can't make it happen. If it's on Monday or Wednesday AND it's slow at work then MAYBE...

But I couldn't promise to do it reliably
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:56 pm

M. Aster Karver wrote:
Cheap and fun to have, how about an afa graded rowdy roddy piper figure?

Or a stripper!
Back to top Go down
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Lady Z wrote:
Ok...so far it seems that people want trivia back, that Wednesday is the night of choice, and 1 hour time limit works...

Bi-weekly games ok?

How many rounds?

How many questions per round?

Prize ideas...?

And when should we start this again?....

I think these are really the only questions I have.

Tom-I will say that since you and I are not living together there is no reason why you can't join in the game. That will give you a chance to win some prizes and if anyone questions anything we can deal with it. I will get the questions and answers together without Tom's input so then everyone has a fair shot....

Please...everyone let me know if this is acceptable.. :)

It damn well better be acceptable.

Z you and Tommy have shown much generousity for a number of the members of this forum. There is no reason for anyone to question how you and Tommy work out his activity in the game. He can play and he can win, same as the rest.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 pm

I am good anyday of the week. If people can be here Tuesday then so be it. The more players, the better. It's fun when you have like 5 - 10 people playing trvia. And I like the EVERY OTHER WEEK DEAL. We shall keep that for sure!!
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:40 am

If we can get at least 5 people to play then Trivia will be brought back. Lets get a line up of who will be available to play on every other Wednesday at .... 8PM CST? Please let me know... Lets get a group ready to play Trivia..

And if Tommy wants to play, that is fine with me, and if he wants to keep being the MC of the Chatbox during game time then that is ALSO fine with me. Lets get some feedback so that we can get trivia up and going again...
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Class:

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:52 am

Well, count me in as #1 in line!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?   TRIVIA TIME AGAIN? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRIVIA TIME AGAIN?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next