Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageRemake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions

Go down 
+3
M. Aster Karver
Swafus
The BLAY
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The BLAY
The BLAY

Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Post any movies here that you would like reviewed for the purposes of determining whether or not you'd like to see a remake done or not.
Back to top Go down
Swafus
S12 News Staff
Swafus

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 pm

I'll start you off with one of my favorite films and one that has been rumored to be on the remake circuit for some time now.

The Wild Bunch (1969)
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:55 pm

alrighty.
I'll have to snag a copy of this and check it out.
Back to top Go down
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Gremlins!
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Ahh yes, a favorite of mine!
good call dude!
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Agreed Blay. Great suggestion swaf!

How about Blade Runner as a topic. Its a classic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? Or is that too cheesy...

Last edited by NightRat on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Blade Runner is a great choice.
Since I just picked up the collectors set (5 discs) I just watched it so its fresh in my mind.
Back to top Go down
THE DELTA
S12 News Staff
THE DELTA

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:02 pm

i would like to see an updated delta force.
Back to top Go down
JJCarlisle
S12 News Staff
JJCarlisle

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:41 am

The Goonies
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:50 am

The Goonies is a movie I plan to talk about.
Short answer imo... Don't FLURK with it!
Back to top Go down
Swafus
S12 News Staff
Swafus

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Back to the Future
Escape from New York
They Live
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:30 pm

3 of my favs!
I love They Live!!

these will be on the top of my list!
Back to top Go down
proteus
Heavy Weapons
proteus

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:50 pm

wwwwaaaaarrriiooooorssssssssss coooooommmmeeee oooouuuutttt toooooooooooooo playyyyyyyyyyyyyy

goddamn it THE WARRIORS!!!!!! this needs a remake so bad it hurts!!
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:56 pm

ZARTAN.uk wrote:
wwwwaaaaarrriiooooorssssssssss coooooommmmeeee oooouuuutttt toooooooooooooo playyyyyyyyyyyyyy

goddamn it THE WARRIORS!!!!!! this needs a remake so bad it hurts!!

no no no!!!
The Warriors is a film that should never be touched! It is a cult classic and oozes with awesomeness!
Unfortunately.. the remake master himself Tony Scott IS doing a remake of the Warriors.
Originally it was to take place in LA during the gang riots of the 90s. Since then I have seen many different story lines in which it would be a sequel, a remake, or a reboot. Sometimes the og characters are in there, sometimes its not even the Warriors that we know and love. Originally the plan was for it to basically be a bloods vs crips type movie set in LA with a similar plot line to the OG film.
Who knows what will happen now but currently I am dreading this... I can't see how it will be any good whatsoever unless they include the warriors and many of the other gangs... but since the chances of us seeing the Baseball Furries are slim to none.. FLURK THAT!
Back to top Go down
Swafus
S12 News Staff
Swafus

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:10 pm

I think the Warriors remake may have ended up being Centurion

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1020558/

Both the Warriors and this film seem to be based on the story of the 9th Roman Legion
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:12 pm

no,

Tony Scott will be directing it...

this was on Wikipedia.. although info seems to change all the time

Future projects

Scott is set to film a modern-day remake of the film The Warriors featuring new gangs. It originally had a tentative release date of 2008, however production did not start due to shooting "Pelham 123". Scott has expressed his desire to remake The Warriors including mostly real gang members, and try to create a version set in Los Angeles (as opposed to the original 1979 film, which was set in New York). The remake will not share much with the original except for the title and the character Cyrus.

here is the IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423512/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions   Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remake Rebellion Movie Suggestions
Page 1 of 1