Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageHot Tub Time Machine Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Hot Tub Time Machine

Go down 
+5
Wry1
The BLAY
Rob0213
thatjimboguy
THE DELTA
9 posters
AuthorMessage
THE DELTA
S12 News Staff
THE DELTA

Hot Tub Time Machine Empty
PostSubject: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Hot Tub Time Machine
Starring John Cusack,Clark Duke,Craig Robinson,Rob Corddy,Chevy Chase,and Crispin Glover
Rated R

Hot Tub Time Machine Hot_tu10

Have you ever wanted to go back in time and change certain things in your life?This movie centers around two friend
Adam(played by Cusack) and Nick(played by Robinson)who Take their friend Lou (played by Corddry) to a ski resort they
went to when they were in their late teens or early twenties to cheer up Lou.Along for the ride is Adam's nephew Jacob(played
by Duke)who tries to be the voice of reason for the group.The movie starts off in present day and after a night of heavy
drinking in a hot tub and a spillage of a Russian energy drink,the foursome are transported back to the year 1986, and the
night of the groups(with the exception of jacob who is only twenty years old)last trip to the ski resort.All four men
realise what has happened after one of them looks in the mirror and notices that he is as he was back in the day.I have to
be completely honest about this movie,I was not completely entertained by it in the least.One,if you went back in time,how
do you look like you did twenty plus years ago and how do you avoid running into your past self?Also,it was brought up in the
movie that the Jacob character didn't know who his father was and him being there was a problem with the time-space
continuum which resulted in him fading in and out till his mother did the freaky-dinky which leads me to believe his
character is not twenty but at least twenty-three or twenty-four.Some of the good points of this movie was the character
played by Cripin Glover,who before the four traveled back in time was a cranky one arm bellhop,who back in the past still
has both arms and Lou watches and waits with evil job for the accident to occur to see how he loses the arm.Another
character played Chase offers up some Yoda like advice to the group as The Repairman.If i had to say I had a favorite
part in this movie it would have been bathroom scene after Lou loses a bet with a local man from the 80's.Other then
that the movie was just kind of boring and poorly writen.Another somewhat saving grace was the fact that they had some
nice shots with some decent looking women.I would hold off renting this and wait for it to hit cable or at least wait
till you can rent it for a dollar or a two for one special.

Grade c- (And thats being fair)
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Wow Delta thanks for the warning. I will avoid this like the plague.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Hmmm. I plan on renting this....

I thought it looked funny, but ya never know. Good lookin' out, D.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com
THE DELTA
S12 News Staff
THE DELTA

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

i got to say thanks to who ever is adding the film covers.someday i'll figure out how to do that.
Back to top Go down
THE DELTA
S12 News Staff
THE DELTA

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

damn rob that avatar is scary as hell,lol.
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:44 pm

LOL, you're welcome! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:09 am

I gotta say that I enjoyed this film when I saw it in theaters.
Maybe it was because I found it funny as soon as I saw the preview and thought it looked so cheesy it would be good. I enjoyed it, not that its the greatest film ever made but it has a stupidly funny quality to it that I enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:30 am

I thought this movie was freakin' hilarious....then again i didn't try to analyze how real or plausible it would be. I just took it for the silliness it was and to me, that shit was just plain funny.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 am

It's like some sort of... HOT TUB TIME MACHINE
Hot Tub Time Machine Craig-Robinson-in-Hot-Tub-001
Back to top Go down
LadyDelta
S12 Captain
LadyDelta

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:32 am

So I rented this because my kids asked me to....AND my kids and I LOVED IT!! It was pretty funny...I had a good time laughing and I am actually gonna buy it. It wasn't on the same level as "The Hangover" but it was pretty good.

Sorry Tommy...I have to disagree with you on this one...
Back to top Go down
Swafus
S12 News Staff
Swafus

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:39 pm

This one was funny but definitely not legendary funny. Rob Corddry stole the show as Lou and Craig Robinson was good but I thought Cusack was damn near horrible and it was painful to watch Chevy Chase's scenes. At this point in his career he's like your favorite uncle that's developed dementia.
Back to top Go down
M. Aster Karver
S12 Captain

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:40 pm

I loved it, course I grew up in all this stuff.
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:32 am

This movie was freaking hysterical. I had a movie night with a couple of the fellas last Thursday and we watched this flick. I laughed so hard in parts I almost fell out of my chair.

"DOSVADANYA!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:13 am

This movie was hilarious! I laughed my ass off through most of it. Especially the scene jimbo just quoted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Tub Time Machine   Hot Tub Time Machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot Tub Time Machine
Page 1 of 1