Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageHero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)

Go down 
+2
thatjimboguy
Iron Will
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron Will
S12 News Staff
Iron Will

Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Empty
PostSubject: Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)   Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:36 pm

Sorry this is very late, but I messed up my password and was not able to get back on till today. One of my main picks has already been touched upon and debated here too so sorry for the late comments. This weeks will be on time lol!

Hero: My Hero pick took a detour from what I had planned this week. I am a huge fan of Batman Beyond. Like Spider-Man 2099 this future re-invention of an iconic character was incredibly well done. Terry McGinnis had made an appearance in Superman/Batman Anniversary issue this month and then got his own 6 issue mini-series this week. I was happy with it, but did not deem it Hero of the Week status. Story was good but the art is what hurt it for me. So I am going to give you two retro-heroes for this week. These are two things that if you have not had the chance to take in I suggest you go back and try them.
First is a 20 minute animated short by DC. The Spectre, found on the 2 disc edition of Justice League Crisis on Two Earths is outstanding. The Justice League is good too, but the Spectre is one of the best DC animated shows to come out so far. The art and voices are great. It has a very 50s pulp feeling to it. Some classic horror movie nods and characters written straight from the pages of the comic.
Second is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I just bought a PS3 this past weekend and this is the first game I have gotten for it. I really felt like I was playing the first Metal Gear again with all the improvements of todays games. Graphics are great. Cut scenes are awesome and the playability is spot on. I had some laugh out loud moments during game play too.

[img]Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Dcshowcasethespectre[/img]

[img]Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) SolidSnake[/img]

Zero: Wonder Woman #600! This was an easy pick and for much the same reason as Batman last week and more. First the Perez cover was horrible. I want to know what guys head ended up on Wonder Girl's body! For a $5 book I expect good story and art. Both were hard pressed to be found. At least Bats had some good splash pages. For a sexy comic icon WW fell very short. Costume make over from hell. WW has a great sexy iconic costume which has had some cool mods here and there. The battle armor and skirt look were both very cool, but this does not say Wonder Woman. When you change an Icon's suit, you should be able to look at the suit and still see the hero you know. I am all for stirring up the pot but this is right up there with FrankenCastle!! Let's see how long before DC flips it back.

[img]Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Perez600[/img]

Here is the icon hero/zero of the week.

Hero: Lobo. DC's Lobo looks to be making a well deserved and well written return to DC continuity. This is a great character which spun out of control a while back and has had a hard time making a decent return, but his appearance in Green Lantern #55 looks to be making a Bright New Day for The Main Man! (See my cool ref to Brightest Day)

[img]Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Lobo11[/img]

Hero (Runner-Up because I had to give him something): Batman Beyond. 2 new book appearances and a great recreation of an awesome icon!

[img]Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) 806953-batman_beyond_7_super[/img]

Zero: Wonder Woman. New costume. Nuff said!

[img]Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Wonder-popup-v2[/img]

Okay hope that made up for the lateness last week. New post will be up by the weekend!!
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)   Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:39 am

You just reminded me that I haven't read my new GL yet and it's Wednesday already! Thanks for the warning on WW 600. I was gonna pick it up for the archives, but now I think I'll skip it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
ZombieRob
Battle Ready
ZombieRob

PostSubject: Re: Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)   Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:38 am

Lobo is a definate win!!!!!!! So glad that fraggin' Bastich is back, and more importantly being written well. As for Batman Beyond, it was an all around win for me. I actually thought the art was good. There were moments that were captured very well(anytime he was flying or soaring looked great/costume looked great). The story was very good and ended with a great cliffhanger. Nice comeback week for 2 great characters.
Back to top Go down
Stronox
Creative Team
Stronox

PostSubject: Re: Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)   Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:33 am

Ugh. That WW costume blows. It is as you said, her og is an icon, and this doesn't do that icon any justice. It simply is not recognizable as WW in my opinon.

Lobo rocks ya bastiches!
Back to top Go down
http://stronoxcustoms.blogspot.com
Stoner
Heavy Weapons
Stoner

PostSubject: Re: Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)   Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Ehhh Lobo I could do without!!! Never really liked him
Back to top Go down
red laser
Monster Slayer
red laser

PostSubject: Re: Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)   Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Wonder Woman's new look would have suited Donna Troy more and I agree Lobo lost it some time ago, I thought Infanticide could have been better if drawn by Simon Bisley not Keith Giffen. Batman Beyond I never took to as the character looked unrealistically proportioned but had some potential.
Back to top Go down
https://s236.photobucket.com/home/openand/index
Iron Will
S12 News Staff
Iron Will

PostSubject: Re: Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)   Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Stoner wrote:
Ehhh Lobo I could do without!!! Never really liked him

Have you read his original L.E.G.I.O.N. appearances. This is where he was at his best imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)   Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hero and Zero #2 for the week of June 27th (Late)
Page 1 of 1