Welcome to theSector12.com!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome Page80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Rule10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made

Go down 
+6
thatjimboguy
THE DELTA
Rob0213
g.i.eddie
Wry1
Eyes-of-a-Snake
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyes-of-a-Snake
Battle Ready
Eyes-of-a-Snake

80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Empty
PostSubject: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:50 pm

O.K., so there has been a lot of talk on here about all of the Hollywood remakes of the 80's classics and how they are blundering on an epic level with them. Are there any out there you guys actually would LIKE to see made?

I for one could go for another Mad Max installment.
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:11 pm

G.I Joe. Like the version I know, not that other stuff.

Mad Max would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
g.i.eddie
Battle Ready
g.i.eddie

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:52 pm

Wry1 wrote:
G.I Joe. Like the version I know, not that other stuff.
agreed...

and yeah, mad Max would be sweet...with as minimal CGI as possible and shoot in real actual locations, NO CGI'n the background...i'm sick of that crap...

but what i would love more than anything would be a fourth Back to the Future WITH MJF, even if he is a bit twitchy...

my choice from the 90's would be a 3rd Ace WITH Jim Carrey...
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile
Name:: Cinder
Class: Berserker
EXP:: 50,000

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 pm

I would love to see the horror flick Phatasm redone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesector12.com
THE DELTA
S12 News Staff
THE DELTA

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:27 pm

well so far for horror movies we have friday the 13th,my blood valentine and coming later this year a nightmare on elm street.how about we get an updated cujo movie?
Back to top Go down
thatjimboguy
S12 Captain
thatjimboguy

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:03 pm

If we're doing Steven King, let's do Christine!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thatjimboguy
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:09 pm

Risky Business.
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 pm

I knew that'd get a laugh.

But seriously, how about a Caddyshack remake?

I can see the bearded dude from the Hangover playing Bill Murray's character.
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:18 pm

I'd almost be worried about that one getting f#cked up. The original Caddychack is just such a perfect classic.

Maybe if it was done right...and yeah Zach....whatever the hell for a last name is a funny dude for sure.

Wolf pack...that killed me, so freaking funny!
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Dude, we'll start our own Wolfpack at JoeCon. Minus the Tigers and ruffies.
Back to top Go down
Wry1
Creative Team
Wry1

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Rob0213 wrote:
Dude, we'll start our own Wolfpack at JoeCon. Minus the Tigers and ruffies.

Well yeah dude, that's the plan. And f#ck some ruffies. Mike Tyson and angry little weird asian mafia dudes are not to be part of my Joecon experience.
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:23 pm

:shiz:
Back to top Go down
bigdaddyblue73
S12 Captain
bigdaddyblue73

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 pm

I would love to see a sequel to Big Trouble in Little China.
Back to top Go down
g.i.eddie
Battle Ready
g.i.eddie

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 pm

i wanna say Goonies, but the OG is such a great classic movie...
Back to top Go down
Eyes-of-a-Snake
Battle Ready
Eyes-of-a-Snake

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:38 pm

Wow guys, these are all great ideas! I havent seen one yet that I havent agreed 100% with, but it's kinda odd that g.i.eddie comes up with the Back to the Future movies. After posting this I went to my neighbors for a bit, and asked him the same question. We got to talking and I came up with the SAME thing, right down to the twitching not being an issue as long as it had MJF and Christopher Loyd.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:41 am

I had thought about Caddyshack but why mess with perfection?
The Goonies I wouldnt remake but I'd consider doing the long talked about sequel.
Back to top Go down
Eyes-of-a-Snake
Battle Ready
Eyes-of-a-Snake

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:06 am

I wouldnt mind seeing a remake of the Labrynth either. That ones classic, and they could do all sorts of this with computer animation now that they had to use puppets for back then. Given, I think it was a Henson film, but still, I think it could be cool.....
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 am

It was by the Henson Company.
I wouldnt wanna see all CG'd stuff though.
I think it is too heavily relied on and takes away alot from movies these days.

Look and any Aliens movie after Aliens.. they started going CG and they don't look nearly as good

the new Star Wars films... had they stuck to the grit and grind of actual props n models it woulda looked soo much better.

I would honestly take a giant matte painting over a CG background any day

just my opinion though
Back to top Go down
Batman
Batman

Character Profile
Name::
Class:
EXP:: 0

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:58 am

Leave the 80's movies alone dammit! They are classics for us all and Hollywood would damn sure find a way to screw them up. So just don't freaking touch them!
Back to top Go down
g.i.eddie
Battle Ready
g.i.eddie

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:59 am

The BLAY wrote:

i agree so much...its gotten to the point where movies are almost all CGI...i miss the days of real props and locations...

another example is the first 3 Indy movies compared to the silly 4th...did they actually shoot at a real location once?...

there is a time and place for CGI, when you absolutely can't do something without it, but it's gotten to the point where they use it cause they're lazy and cheap...
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:36 pm

g.i.eddie wrote:
The BLAY wrote:

i agree so much...its gotten to the point where movies are almost all CGI...i miss the days of real props and locations...

another example is the first 3 Indy movies compared to the silly 4th...did they actually shoot at a real location once?...

there is a time and place for CGI, when you absolutely can't do something without it, but it's gotten to the point where they use it cause they're lazy and cheap...

Exactly!
just b/c you can CG Athens doesn't mean you should!
for the love of god location scout!
Back to top Go down
Rob0213
Administrator
Rob0213

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Agree with both of you guys. CGI is cool, but only when you have to. Take LOTR. They shot on many locations, and you can tell. To me, it makes the movies more "real" when I know it just isn't on a greeen screen.
Back to top Go down
The BLAY
The BLAY

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:11 pm

exactly.
It takes away from the feel of the film when the actor is standing in a studio and is surrounded by CGI elements.
Get a crew in.. build sets. scout locations. get back to basics.
I am convinced if Lucas had stuck to the og. way of doing things the new Star Wars would have been much better. But he made the past look more futuristic than the future...
Back to top Go down
Eyes-of-a-Snake
Battle Ready
Eyes-of-a-Snake

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:06 pm

I agree I'd say about 50% of the way with you guys here. Although I feel they go a little overboard with some of the things they CG these days, I also think of that same CG as an art form in and of itself. I enjoy seeing how realistic things look even though done through CG. Having said that, I also think that a lot of movie makers are using it as a crutch. There are some things that look 100% better real then animated, but then, there are some things it would either cost to much to make, or you simply CANT such as things that defy the laws of physics. I love the classics, dont get me wrong, but I am a fan of the detail in some of the newer movies whether CG or not.

That and keep in mind there is a huge difference between shit CG and quality CG as well.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made   80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

80's movies you wouldnt mind seeing re-made
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next